Name the most important...

Vance

Reaction score
...invention or innovation that has happened during your lifetime.

I yet have my own answer for that, I am still pondering about it. I will answer as soon as possible. Anyway what about you?

The Broadband age.

Allows me to trade stocks on a realtime basis. What's more important that alldeaf.com posting, and videophone?

I'm unsure of the specific term or name for this tremendous device which jump-starts a heart during a heart-attack, more businesses, work-places have been purchasing this life-saving machine...what it does is cut down on the critical time from the actual onslaught of a heart attack to the time it takes for emergency personnel to arrive on the scene and transfer the patient to a medical facility/hospital...this device has shown incredible advantages over places that do not have such a tool/device implemented...as most of us tend to know that once a heart attack takes place...critical timing is really crucial and vital when every second/minute counts....

As for the name of this particular device...I'll check around and once I know what it is called, I'll post it....

Good thread Magatsu ;)

Magatsu said:
...invention or innovation that has happened during your lifetime.

I yet have my own answer for that, I am still pondering about it. I will answer as soon as possible. Anyway what about you?

Closed Caption - I was like 12 years old when I finally get to watch TV and understood what the hell they were talking about!!

Second, it would have to be TTY. It opened a new world to me when I was about 12 too.

CC, TTY, Internet, Text pagers -- they definately have opened up the endless avenues for Deaf folks to get information and be able to contact ppl when they need to

*nodding in agreement with DD and Meg* :thumb:

Cheri...

You know that thing...that goes round and round and round and round...heck, I think you got it. I just made myself wheelsick.

Vampy - been around computers since 1983. Still around them, and now I can glow in the dark by myself.

In regards of RoadRunner's post:

Throwing in a different perspective..

Don't you think we have enough people consuming the earth already? Real estate in Manhattan, Japan, and various other places are so high in value. We are consuming energy at the fastest pace ever. We are creating Global warming. And to top this all off, we are wasting time, energy, money in saving these people's lives?

Sorry for the miniature hijack.

And oh yeah, i couldn't include books, tty, computers, and some other things because they were innovated before my time.

posts from hell said:
The Broadband age.

Allows me to trade stocks on a realtime basis. What's more important that alldeaf.com posting, and videophone?
Yeah, internet or broadband. That's only one thing I can think of during my lifetime (I am young after all). The information that internet offered is incredible.

Thanks to internet & broadband, I can access virtually anything (well nearly anything). So yeah, it will be the best invention/innovation for me (especially rich medical articles & informations...)

I agree with the others above, tty, closed captions and the internet....

It funni, when I first got the closed caption box when I was a young girl, it was hard to catch up the reading on the TV screen and looking at the pictures at the same time , but then I got used to it and thought it was pretty darn cool!!...

yea Angel! u know when we were young VERY limited programs were CC'd and today practically all the programs are now CC'd -- we have come a LONG way and its been very positive! :thumb:

Name is most improtant to me? the name is that the important person itself indentify to me which can look upon forever.. a name of person is powerful inspiring me to thinking and imaging as be like him. what make him famous name of invent everythings as he created a nation with history, centuries and leader war. that how his name is most influence inspired me. person is more important than things. name means image/ identify.

Back