Name sign question

Hmmmm....i have a question then...

should I expect my name sign to change....currently it's the a-handshape that circles around the ear...for my implant.
This was given to me when i still had hearing aids by a deaf person in my ASL class when i was around 10 years old.

Since I am going to be interacting with many different deaf people should I expect to have many different namesigns or one that I use after having been given one...or should i still use my current one? Im not involved very much in deaf culture...i haven't really had any reason to use my current name sign.

should I expect my name sign to change....currently it's the a-handshape that circles around the ear...for my implant.
This was given to me when i still had hearing aids by a deaf person in my ASL class when i was around 10 years old.

Since I am going to be interacting with many different deaf people should I expect to have many different namesigns or one that I use after having been given one...or should i still use my current one? Im not involved very much in deaf culture...i haven't really had any reason to use my current name sign.

It depends on the deaf people that you interact with. You can expect your name sign to change.

It can change, if you want it to and you like a new name sign bestowed upon you, but it doesn't have to change.

Generally D/deaf will ask your name sign. They will use the name sign you go by unless you mention that you would like a new one.

Back