Naida III UPs, some queries.

RisinDragon

Reaction score
So I had my audio and hearing evaluation a week ago. My Audiologist has basically got everything she needs to send in a letter to my insurance.

Basically all I am doing now is waiting for approval. *crosses fingers* They told me "no" 3 years ago. But now Phonak and standing by my side because my PowerMAXX 411s are 8 years old and they no longer fix them or make them.

She and I talked about the Naida III UPs and they will work for what I need.

I specifically asked her about Direct Audio Input boots for the Naida IIIs. So i can listen to my Ipod Nano and connect to my computer to be able to listen via computer.

She started talking about some bluetooth technology adapters and loops and what not, some compilot and TVlink system that would use bluetooth so I can hear the TV better than ever. If I get them as a package, it would come to around $400. If I buy them individually, would end up costing more in the end.

The idea sounds great. Might be something to get and try out. Is it worth getting?

I didn't hear anything that would connect to a computer using the bluetooth technology. That that got me thinking.

I use a software called Teamspeak3 with some friends so we can talk to each other and hear each other while we play games every now and then.

I started to wonder if there is a USB jumpdrive that can connect to my computer so I can listen via bluetooth? Would be great to have a wireless connection to the computer, so I can listen in on the conversations very clearly with absolutely no static.

Is there such item? Or would I need to get a direct audio input boot and be wired to my desktop to make this work as I have done with my PowerMAXX 411s?

I have the Naida S III UPs so basically the same, altho im getting the Naida S IX UPs at the end of the week.

The ComPilot works well with the Naidas. Your computer will need bluetooth in the computer for you to link the ComPilot too or you can use an audio cable from the ComPilot to the computer.

Ive used the ComPilot, Phonak FM system and Direct Input Leads and to me, the ComPilot wasnt worth the money. I like the sound of the Direct Input Leads better and also the Phonak FM system.

There are loads of people that like the ComPilot tho.

I didn't much care for the ComPilot when I tried it out a few years ago. I use the Phonak FM system instead for music listening and whatnot (and before I got the FM system, I used telecoil earhooks like the MusicLink or NoizFree from tecear.com).

Maybe, before spending the money on a ComPilot set up, see if you can get a trial run for it first, just to make sure you like it before investing the money on it. Some people like it and others don't, it's an individual personal preference.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm still going to try for the Direct Audio Input boots. Since I know how those work.

It's the other stuff i'm just curious about. But thinking about it, I probably really don't need the assessories. I do fine listening to my TV and it's not even loud. Same goes for other things I do.

But I do want to listen to my music on my Ipod Nano. hehe

Back