Naida CI Q70 approved in the US!!

it is about time!!!! I want the Ruby one! but I think I'm too broke to do a trade in, so I may have to wait less than 4 years for an upgrade.

Yay. I got the emails yesterday and will start lobbying my insurance to cover a CI.
As for colors- I like the pirate blue color.

Yay. I got the emails yesterday and will start lobbying my insurance to cover a CI.
As for colors- I like the pirate blue color.

Just curious about your insurance--do they specifically say they don't cover CI's or does it say "hearing aids" or similar. I know in our policy it lists that it doesn't cover hearing augmentation but if you read further it does say it covers CI's under "these" conditions and those conditions basically are that you have to medically qualify for the CI, it has to be FDA approved and you have to pass a psychological exam. Has your ENT's office tried to submit your testing for approval for a CI?

Just curious about your insurance--do they specifically say they don't cover CI's or does it say "hearing aids" or similar. I know in our policy it lists that it doesn't cover hearing augmentation but if you read further it does say it covers CI's under "these" conditions and those conditions basically are that you have to medically qualify for the CI, it has to be FDA approved and you have to pass a psychological exam. Has your ENT's office tried to submit your testing for approval for a CI?

According to my insurance page "what is not covered...hearing aids, hearing examinations/tests for the prescription/fitting of hearing aids, and cochlear electromagnetic hearing devices"

But my mom is a nurse who often works in appeals for different insurance things and she thinks that they might just say they don't cover CIs since it doesn't say the surgery isn't covered. The way the plan is written, it just states that tests and adjustments of hearing devices aren't covered.

Good luck going through testing! For me I needed a new HA in my left ear (not covered by insurance) in order to qualify for the right ear CI. The hearing aid is a "luxury item" and thus not covered and the CI is a "prosthetic"... so it is. I was actually throughly surprised when I discovered that other people can't get it covered! Even medicaid/state insurance here covers it in NY

Good luck going through testing! For me I needed a new HA in my left ear (not covered by insurance) in order to qualify for the right ear CI. The hearing aid is a "luxury item" and thus not covered and the CI is a "prosthetic"... so it is. I was actually throughly surprised when I discovered that other people can't get it covered! Even medicaid/state insurance here covers it in NY

I'm hoping that I will pass which means fail the tests. I already have the most powerful hearing aids so "passing" the cochlear implant testing would mean failing all the other tests. But I'm apparently great at failing tests especially since my hearing aids just make things worse for me.

I'm hoping that I will pass which means fail the tests. I already have the most powerful hearing aids so "passing" the cochlear implant testing would mean failing all the other tests. But I'm apparently great at failing tests especially since my hearing aids just make things worse for me.

Haha yea it's a good fail. I was approved for 2 by the audi but the surgeon said only one because of my balance problems. I wish I could just bypass the HA because it's not very helpful.

Did you grow up hearing or HOH?

Haha yea it's a good fail. I was approved for 2 by the audi but the surgeon said only one because of my balance problems. I wish I could just bypass the HA because it's not very helpful.

Did you grow up hearing or HOH?

I have progressive hearing loss that probably began when I was a kid (I had to have tons of speech therapy) but I was a really bright kid and got by. When I finally got my hearing tested at age 18 it was moderate to severe.
At 27 it is severe to profound.

According to my insurance page "what is not covered...hearing aids, hearing examinations/tests for the prescription/fitting of hearing aids, and cochlear electromagnetic hearing devices"

But my mom is a nurse who often works in appeals for different insurance things and she thinks that they might just say they don't cover CIs since it doesn't say the surgery isn't covered. The way the plan is written, it just states that tests and adjustments of hearing devices aren't covered.

Cochlear electromagnetic hearing devices might be the bone anchored type though. Typically unless they specifically list that something is excluded, it's included. Technically my plan (old plan anyway) didn't cover hearing tests but would cover them as part of a medical exam so, it was just done at the same time as I saw my ENT. If I just went for a hearing test though, it would not have been covered-which is what your plan says too. You might be pleasantly surprised to find out that your CI is covered :D.

Had my Naida activated yesterday and Oh WOW what a difference. I can hear things so much more clearly, better range of sounds, etc. I have work meetings all day today and I'm excited to try out some of the features--zoom especially :D. There are 5 program slots so there are a lot of options for different situations. I am especially excited to try the CommPilot!!

Had my Naida activated yesterday and Oh WOW what a difference. I can hear things so much more clearly, better range of sounds, etc. I have work meetings all day today and I'm excited to try out some of the features--zoom especially :D. There are 5 program slots so there are a lot of options for different situations. I am especially excited to try the CommPilot!!

Do you Riley solely on a cochlear implant to get you through work meetings? How do you do with conference calls. I maybe heading down this road in the future, sounds like you're making it work!

Do you Riley solely on a cochlear implant to get you through work meetings? How do you do with conference calls. I maybe heading down this road in the future, sounds like you're making it work!

I avoid Conference calls at all cost :D. Hopefully with the options on my new Naida that will change but for the most part, I don't do well with conference calls at all.

I avoid Conference calls at all cost :D. Hopefully with the options on my new Naida that will change but for the most part, I don't do well with conference calls at all.

I do an average of two conference calls per month for work, successfully. So yes, hopefully that will change for you!

Back