N6 TV Streamer not working

Condor1970

Reaction score
Ok, this is ticking me off. I have Zone 2 audio outs going into the TV streamer, and Zone 2 is on, so the signal is going to the Streamer.

Now, I hit the button on the back of the streamer, and the light flashes like it should. I turn on her Sound Processor, and the little blue light flashes rapidly, indicating that it is paired.

Then, I try to use her remote to turn on the streaming function. I use the right arrow to go to the streamer function. Down arrow to "TV". Then, I press "OK" for a couple seconds, and it highlights TV and starts acting like it wants to send a signal with the little periods going.

For some reason after about 10 seconds, the TV highlight goes off, and and it indicates OFF, and doesn't work.

What am I doing wrong?

It should be connected to the standard audio out on the tv ( on all the time, no need to change any settings) have CI on, push pairing button on tv streamer, take CI battery off and reconnect it, it should pair then. Now after its paired, press the top button on the CI for just a couple seconds and the blue light should come on showing it is connected and working now. So you will see this blue light again after the blue flashes from pairing it.
( Blue light flashes to show pairing, then the second time it just lights up blue to show its connected and ready )

also you can call the place you go for mappings to walk you through setting it up as well. Its all part of the package. You can even call Cochlear themselves for free.

Never mind. I figured it out. I was using the digital RCA cable that came with it from the Zone 2 out on my receiver, and plugging it into the RCA jack on the back of the Streamer.

So, I grabbed a double RCA to single 3.5mm jack, and used the 3.5mm on the back of the streamer instead. Started working instantly.

Works perfect now. YAY!!!

UPDATE:

Ok, more problems with the TV streamer.

I couldn't seem to get it to turn on easily. As far as I know, you're supposed to just be able to go to the remote, and select TV, and it should work, but it doesn't. I found the only way to turn on the TV streamer, is to disconnect the Audio In line on the back of the streamer, and plug it in. Then, it turns on, and starts working.

I messed with it for about 15 minutes trying to get it to turn on.

What is the problem with this thing? Why does this have to be so hard?

Reading these problems are making me nervous. I hope you get it figured out. When you do can you post what you did to fix the problem just in case others "me" have issues? My surgery is on Wednesday.

It should be connected to the standard audio out on the tv ( on all the time, no need to change any settings) have CI on, push pairing button on tv streamer, take CI battery off and reconnect it, it should pair then. Now after its paired, press the top button on the CI for just a couple seconds and the blue light should come on showing it is connected and working now. So you will see this blue light again after the blue flashes from pairing it.
( Blue light flashes to show pairing, then the second time it just lights up blue to show its connected and ready )

I'm so going to be bugging you for help......me and technology do not get along.:eek3:

Back