"N" Wireless Routers for VP suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Sorenson technician will come over tomorrow evening to fix the Port Fowarding. I contacted him personally cuz I knew him well and he want to make $$$ to fix my vp :lol:

Once I find out the port forwarding, I will copy it and keep it in file hee heeh

catty

Thank you for ignore my post. :evil:

My Sorenson technician will come over tomorrow evening to fix the Port Fowarding. I contacted him personally cuz I knew him well and he want to make $$$ to fix my vp :lol:

Once I find out the port forwarding, I will copy it and keep it in file hee heeh

catty

OK- whatever rocks your boat. Just remember- they are only interested in having sorenson vp working only. they will not support mvps. Purple will make sure vp200 AND mvp works same time without conflicts before leavin your home.

I did adjust upload and download speed to MAX for VP. I didnt aware that the picture will be shitty. I will adjust it back to the lowest one if the picture is superme

I did adjust upload and download speed to MAX for VP. I didnt aware that the picture will be shitty. I will adjust it back to the lowest one if the picture is superme

Not just for you. I have over 8 Mbps for ISP. I set max for down/up and chat to my friend (max for down/up too) who have over 10 Mbps ISP. Picture is very clear and very smooth. Believe or not.. His VP connection to wireless bridge.

But problem.. some of friends can't afford or not get fast enough like DSL (under 3 mbps) and picture is very lag, so pixel, and awful!

So I am stuck with default (256 kbps up/down) for friendly to everyone.

Thank you for ignore my post. :evil:

:rofl: I was busy yesterday and today. I have VP200 and Yes I own Dlink DIR-655.

I disable SIP and SPI firewalls and added DMZ (192.168.0.125) (I would like to do away with DMZ tho)

But My VP tech told me that he would have to add Port fowarding. So that's explains why I couldn't get Missing calls, I only got Contact listed but it was slow to list after reboot and "911" Y/N.

My Z340 works like wonder cuz the Download speed was great and terp on ZVRS is smooth and "realistic". Thanks to my new fast router. The only problem is upload speed on my RR is averaging 400 to 430kpbs. I might plan to upgrade it to RR Turbo for extra $10 a month.

I am working with VP tech on scheduling to come and fix my VP. I got several conflicts during this week.

Catty

OK- whatever rocks your boat. Just remember- they are only interested in having sorenson vp working only. they will not support mvps. Purple will make sure vp200 AND mvp works same time without conflicts before leavin your home.

Yup I will plan to hide my Z340 from Sorenson tech when he come over and fix my Router for VP200 :lol:

My Z340 works great and I was able to call to and receive call with no problem. My ZVRS tech told me to disable DMZ. I told him it wouldn't make any difference since I'm talking to you on Z340 and it's smooth. He agree with me.

:rofl:

Catty

Sorenson Technician was late and unable to come on time. I told him to wait another day because I do have plans an hour later.

But few days later, I was working on my VP200 and new Dlink router setup. It still have problem until I brought VP200 downstair and use good known Ethernet cable, hooked it up to VP200. Finally, VP200 works fine!! No wonder I have problem with my long Ethernet cable. It turned out that the ends of Ethernet had weak wire just the neck of the jack. Because I unplug/plugged jack too many time over 4 years since VP100 came.

I decide to cut and replace with new jack and crimped it. Then put VP200 back to its place and test ran it. It works nicely now!!

I contacted Sorenson tech that I did not need him come over because I found the problem. I told him not to come and cancel the ticket to fix.

I noticed that my internet speed was much faster than it was before. Youtube video loads faster too. It's a big change since I replaced Belkin N Wireless router for Dlink Extreme N Wireless router. I love it!!

Now I'm done and my Z340's video was smooth and clean!! Nice!

Catty

Buffalo is the best out of that list. You can flash it with DD-WRT which makes it even more superior. Linksys is owned by Cisco now, so they are good too.

D-Link and Netgear used to be good, but they're really cheap with the quality now. The only products worth from them is their business class stuff. The home products, -100$ is absolute crap.

Building my own router.

It'll take a while, as I'll be compiling it directly from source... linux based router software with 4 wired ports and one wireless card in Master mode.

;x Then I can set it up exactly as I wish.

what kind of hardware are you using? I wanted to get one of those mini-itx boards or something similiar in size to lower power consumption. I find it to be a bit much to run a tower as a router for home use.

what kind of hardware are you using? I wanted to get one of those mini-itx boards or something similiar in size to lower power consumption. I find it to be a bit much to run a tower as a router for home use.

Maximum TV: How to Build a Hulu Desktop + Boxee PC | Maximum PC

That's what I'm planning on building, but with a slight change. Namely, in the motherboard.

I'll be basically leaving everything else on that list out, except for the computer box, the white one as pictured in the article.

That's my template... as for the CPU, I'll probably go with Intel... or AMD. Not entirely sure yet, but the first thing to get is a case that is something like the white case pictured in the article.

I'll open a new thread describing my building of my own router when I've got everything together. I will try to ensure that I make it as easy as possible.

I noticed that my internet speed was much faster than it was before. Youtube video loads faster too. It's a big change since I replaced Belkin N Wireless router for Dlink Extreme N Wireless router. I love it!!

Now I'm done and my Z340's video was smooth and clean!! Nice!

Catty

Regarding your comment in bold above:

Which do you really meant that you replaced Belkin N wireless router for or with DLink Extreme N?

I know that Belkin routers are not recommended for both Z vp and vp200 except one Belkin router, F5D8236-4 could work out with vp200 only. I really think you meant you are using D-Link instead of Belkin, right?

Maximum TV: How to Build a Hulu Desktop + Boxee PC | Maximum PC

That's what I'm planning on building, but with a slight change. Namely, in the motherboard.

I'll be basically leaving everything else on that list out, except for the computer box, the white one as pictured in the article.

That's my template... as for the CPU, I'll probably go with Intel... or AMD. Not entirely sure yet, but the first thing to get is a case that is something like the white case pictured in the article.

I'll open a new thread describing my building of my own router when I've got everything together. I will try to ensure that I make it as easy as possible.

I was going through my bookmarks this morning and found these:

Digi-Key - Beagleboard http://www.thelinuxstamp.com/

Thought you would be interested. Certainly not a solution or an alternative, since you would obviously need more ports. Just thought the size factor would interest you.

I used hate Linksys but turned into okay now after I put PPPoE in Linksys router due DSL user and it already fixed so no problem.

Regarding your comment in bold above:

Which do you really meant that you replaced Belkin N wireless router for or with DLink Extreme N?

I know that Belkin routers are not recommended for both Z vp and vp200 except one Belkin router, F5D8236-4 could work out with vp200 only. I really think you meant you are using D-Link instead of Belkin, right?

:lol: sorry for grammar error... Yes, I meant to say that I threw out Belkin N router and installed Dlink DIR-655 Extreme N router.

So far my new DIR-655 been great! It did handled two VP bandwidth and two kids playing online game very well. Glad it's a heavy duty router I picked! I haven't rebooted my router since I've installed except for brief power outage few weeks ago from strong Thunderstorm.

Catty :cool:

Moderator, Please :locked: my thread! Thankyou everyone for suggestion!!

Catty :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back