Myths About Deaf and Hard of Hearing

The last "myth"- deaf persons use sign language obviously is a few years of out date!
How many DEAF persons use Cochlear Implants without knowing ASL et al?

aside: every person I met at Sunnybrook/Toronto who had an Implant didn't use ASL and that includes me. Bilateral DEAF since December 2006.

The last "myth"- deaf persons use sign language obviously is a few years of out date!
How many DEAF persons use Cochlear Implants without knowing ASL et al?

aside: every person I met at Sunnybrook/Toronto who had an Implant didn't use ASL and that includes me. Bilateral DEAF since December 2006.

you have obsession? again cochlear implant? same on on same on cochlear implant word, wise you different, personal! make sure, you make sure you think learn how sign language development? would be both to mixing to confusing? , do you have limit on access?

you are cochlear implant also with, you met to cochlear implant other person? have if suppose cochlear person your area! if suppose you meet to involves social community meet to asl, how you make sure clear? mind your easy understand how sign language :)

To the above-no comment-not "obsessed" with Cochlear Implant.

Still bilateral DEAF-noted many times!

To the above-no comment-not "obsessed" with Cochlear Implant.

Still bilateral DEAF-noted many times!

:lol: Do a search on how many of your posts do not contain the words "cochlear implant."

drphil is really obsessed with his cochlear implant which Bottesini mentioned is true.

Don't deny it. Remember in the Bible, if you crowed when you deny it like three times, then you are guilty because you could not face the truth. You need to be honest about what you are saying in your posts. You have repeated many times over and we knew that you are obsessed with your Cochlear Implant. You love it and you don't want to sign in ASL. You are happy what you like in your life. You also keep saying that you are DEAF which mean you can not hear nothing but still you praise CI. :roll:

:lol: Do a search on how many of your posts do not contain the words "cochlear implant."

There are others with the same bias. I won't get into calling them out, but they stick to the CI areas only, for the most part.

BTW, is there a way to search for posts that don't contain something? Trying to figure out how to do this; process of elimination?

As for the biblical story of Peter's denial of Jesus not sure how that fits re discussing a Cochlear Implant? Is this a discussion in Theology/Biblical studies?

As for the actuality of being DEAF thus uses an Implant is correct.

For some- a way of "somewhat hearing" using modern technology. Obviously not accepted by "others". In the end-one's choice-but the condition doesn't change- as far as I know.

Interesting about "others" taking "different way" comments read "backwards"-obsessions?

Does it pay to study Sociology-culture?

Off to real work shortly-"call of the pool"-remembering Bottesini.

There are others with the same bias. I won't get into calling them out, but they stick to the CI areas only, for the most part.

BTW, is there a way to search for posts that don't contain something? Trying to figure out how to do this; process of elimination?

Easy. Search his posts for "cochlear implant" Then subtract the number from his total posts.

Although counting the signature, I don't think there are any that don't have it.

As for the biblical story of Peter's denial of Jesus not sure how that fits re discussing a Cochlear Implant? Is this a discussion in Theology/Biblical studies?

As for the actuality of being DEAF thus uses an Implant is correct.

For some- a way of "somewhat hearing" using modern technology. Obviously not accepted by "others". In the end-one's choice-but the condition doesn't change- as far as I know.

Interesting about "others" taking "different way" comments read "backwards"-obsessions?

Does it pay to study Sociology-culture?

Off to real work shortly-"call of the pool"-remembering Bottesini.

Good morning, and have fun swimming. There is nothing wrong with being obsessed with your CI since it makes your life happy.

I am very fond of dogs, myself. :)

Easy. Search his posts for "cochlear implant" Then subtract the number from his total posts.

Although counting the signature, I don't think there are any that don't have it.
I could spend the time to do that, but I need to wash my hair.

I have made many references to the singles dances that I go to as "Cochlear Implant exercise"-which of course it is.
Interesting utilization of time-what next the term DEAF?

I have made many references to the singles dances that I go to as "Cochlear Implant exercise"-which of course it is.

You just love to troll so much, aren't you? :roll:

Is answering questions now-trolling? Exactly who is not trolling when comments made- Self defined?
Is this now= "alice in wonderland"?

OP again over again we knew you, I understand, clear to understand

said obsessive you have issues which on exactly not obviously, do you have problem on confusing to Cochlear implant Exericse.. you have.

you moving to your create your posts topic easy it yourself own topic.. wise
Don't be ask on call million said on cochlear implant

we tried again over again over hear, many times worst to , I know difficult to you clear to problem

Cochlear Implant exercise: loud music at dances and people speaking- much lower level-at the same time and "hearing " both.

I have no problem-fortunately for "brain plasticity"- to date still working.

Cochlear Implant exercise: loud music at dances and people speaking- much lower level-at the same time and "hearing " both.

I have no problem-fortunately for "brain plasticity"- to date still working.

huh,
we knew... already u life cochlear implant. well , of course, you have
how do you happy joyful yourself thinking feeling loud music,, you feeling hear environmental, also

you means on brain plastic look likes neurologist your brain.. your brain electric!

I haven't been to a Neurologist- so far in my life.

As for my reason of getting a Cochlear Implant -to "hear somewhat" after becoming bilateral DEAF. My previous hearing aid-Phonak BTE LL6 didn't "work". The world of silence-at least to me.

This happened almost 6 years ago.

Even though I deducted most of this on my own through out my short time learning about Deaf culture and about the people, I found this was very helpful and I agree that even if all of this should be common sense its a good reminder.

... apparently I clicked the wrong button... meant to quote a few things... sorry.

(hitting opposite shoulder with hand, slowly, uncertain and stumbling)

Another myth is that deaf people can appreciate music through "vibration," through touch. NOOOO!!!!! I cannot tell when a singer develops a cramp onstage and goes sharp through touch. Nor can I tell when a guitarist's E string is slightly flat or sharp. Hell, with hearings turned off, I can't even tell that there's music playing except for the "toomp, toomp" of a bass drum or the bass guitar.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING. HUMANS DO NOT HAVE BODY SENSORS CAPABLE OF PICKING UP THAT KIND OF DEFINITION.

Back