"Mystery Shopper" Money Orders?

OH, my!.....The police came by and examined the contents, he had on gloves....asked me a few questions....(how did I know the person that sent it, how long, etc., etc. ....

He took it all with him in the zip-loc baggie....gave me a police report....and said if anything develops, the police would be in touch....

That was the end of it.....I seriously don't think my friend would send me Anthrax!....But it is my feelings that my friend could possibly be working as the "middle man/middle woman"....

I've washed my hands over and over, no side effects!...And the smell of the powder smelled like a light sent of baby powder, and could have been used to "smudge" any fingerprints....

I'll wait a few days, and if I hear nothing from the police, I'll call to check on what is going on....(that is if I'm still alive!) HAHA!...You guys really rocked my rocker!....

Terrorists?...Nah!...

Wow! Pls do keep us posted! Scary!!!

Not the end of it. It will be sent off to a lab to be tested. Maybe, possibly a federal lab? And they may very well be in contact with your friend as well.

That was the end of it.....I seriously don't think my friend would send me Anthrax!....But it is my feelings that my friend could possibly be working as the "middle man/middle woman"....

Bet you seriously never thought that your friend would be a scammer or "middleman" either.

I think the friend is not a scammer. I think the scammers somehow got info that rockin' robin and her friend are "friends" and used their friendship as a cover-up.

Yup, agree with above. I think her friend may be a victim of identity theft, maybe got her mail stolen or email stolen and someone is posing as her.. possibly.

Buying anthrax on the black market is costly. Unless you have connections with terrorists to grow free samples to give out, I wouldn't be surprised if it costs 5-6 figure digits for a small puny packet. Anthrax can also be invisible to the human eye; it doesn't necessarily have to be seen as powdery things.

Omg !!!....now there is a police car parked out front!...he is talking with my son on the phone....he said we cannot go outside at all!....he said we have to stay inside the house!

He said it's just a precaution!...i dunno how long we will have to stay inside the house!

My god!..i can't believe this!.....am waiting on more information...

Oh no!!!! Take deep breathes. *crossing fingers* for you.

Oh.. boy. :(
Keep us posted rockin.. We don't want to see you gone without any info on what happened to you.

LEVEL 4 LOCK-DOWN

quarantine.jpg

maybe bad joke but I'm sure everything's fine.

The police officer told my son soon as they find out what the "powder" is, he will let us know...via phone or knock at the door...otherwise to stay in the house!....It's gonna take a little while I guess....and we were kind of "flipping out"...and my thinking we might all be quartained....

The officer is still out there and told my son to tell me to "calm down"....jeez....I should have taken this more seriously than I did!....

They will probably keep you quarantined until they find out what the powdery substance is.

keep us posted RR

I am going to watch the local news tonight RR.. We are in the same news area. I might see your house. :)

Hope all goes well for ya gal..

The police officer told my son soon as they find out what the "powder" is, he will let us know...via phone or knock at the door...otherwise to stay in the house!....It's gonna take a little while I guess....and we were kind of "flipping out"...and my thinking we might all be quartained....

The officer is still out there and told my son to tell me to "calm down"....jeez....I should have taken this more seriously than I did!....

Yup as i mentioned a quarantine before and that you had already been exposed to whatever it is.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. At a job I had years ago there was a white powder that came in the mail and the cops did the same thing. Only difference was they had the fire dept. hose down everyone that was in the store. Good thing I skipped work that day. It ended up being baby powder.

Well if it helps any and you are bored right now, wondering what the heck it is.
We learned about some of the biological agents in one of my microbio class, some were used to kill high ranking people.

I know of the following things that can be transmitted by air inhalation; by mail:
Anthrax

Yersinia pestis - aka plague

Smallpox; but it's usually from person to person transmission rather than object (it can happen though)

Tularemia: it would seem to make more sense for it to be in a package cause it needs a moist habitat.

Ricin: from the castor beans, it can look powdery when granulated into fine particles.

These are a few that I remember, would have to look up notes for other special agents.
Honestly I don't feel it's any of the above, cause you'd really need someone to hate you to mail that. Just a precaution from the police in case it is.

Back