My wife and son were forced of the road. . .

babymakerdaddy

Reaction score
They were coming home from church and just a few blocks away when a car almost hit our van. Elizabeth had to go up onto the curb to avoid being hit, but in doing so, something has happened to the tire and we can't drive the van. I was at home tonight with Esther and Jonathan, who are sick.

Elizabeth had Nathaniel run home to have me bring out her cell phone and a flashlight.

----

Just found out - the suspension is destroyed. New parts will cost over $1,000, but they are searching the salvage yards in the area for parts. That will lower the cost to around $400. But then there is at least 4 hours of labor to pay for. They won't be able to have this done until Monday - we are a 1 vehicle family, so this hurts us, badly!

:eek2: That's awful! Really sorry to hear that happened to you. Are your wife and son okay? Is Elizabeth okay?

The car company won't provide you with a rental while they're repairing your van?

It's not a large repair shop, so they only have 1 car they can loan out - and someone already has it. Elizabeth and my son are alright, just shaken up. Elizabeth is mad that the person that ran her off the road didn't stop, they just drove off.

Trent, glad to hear you're all okay. I'd be mad at that person too.

Do you live somewhere where public transportation is reliable?

I take the bus to work already, but my wife works nights and needs the van to get to work. She missed work last night because of this. She does not get any paid time off, either.

Good news! Glad that no one was seriously injured.

I'm so glad to read your wife and kids are ok! And you get a car from church! :D

I am really :mad2: at those people who drive off!!!!!!!!

Most likely a distracted driver, like cell phone user. Insurance won't cover this type of thing? I think cell phone users drive worse that some drunks.

Most likely a distracted driver, like cell phone user. Insurance won't cover this type of thing? I think cell phone users drive worse that some drunks.

if you have comprehensive insurance coverage, yes it does cover any type of accidents plus deductible. Mine was a limited coverage and I crashed my car so I'm shit out of luck.

I agree and texting too. I got hit behind from someone who was texting while driving.

Sorry to hear you are down on your luck. I just saw a similar accident today. A man ran off the road due to a car was trying to change lanes. The man ended up in a ditch to avoid from being hit. He was fortunate that many witnesses stopped, and reported the other guy tag number that ran him off the road.

So I feel they will charge the guy that ran this poor fella off the road with leaving a scene of an accident.

They were coming home from church and just a few blocks away when a car almost hit our van. Elizabeth had to go up onto the curb to avoid being hit, but in doing so, something has happened to the tire and we can't drive the van. I was at home tonight with Esther and Jonathan, who are sick.

Elizabeth had Nathaniel run home to have me bring out her cell phone and a flashlight.

----

Just found out - the suspension is destroyed. New parts will cost over $1,000, but they are searching the salvage yards in the area for parts. That will lower the cost to around $400. But then there is at least 4 hours of labor to pay for. They won't be able to have this done until Monday - we are a 1 vehicle family, so this hurts us, badly!
This person should have pay for it not you. I am so sorry, I deal with those crazy drivers everyday while I deliver mails and they got pissed off at me for driving alike old lady. I protect myself and my job and my driving so it is tough on the roads everywhere.

Trent,

Glad everything's okay and no one got hurt.

By the way, if you have facebook, feel free to look me up. :)

Back