My thoughts on between Xbox360 and PS3.

Steel X

Reaction score
(No flaming, insults, or mocks or spreading "fanboy" stuff in here thanks)

I like to express my thoughts about the difference between the Xbox360 and Playstation 3.

I have to say that I do admire both systems and both have alot of pros and cons.

I find Playstation 3 to be a more successful system than Xbox360 because there are obviously alot of things you can do on it. It has HDMI, blu-ray, free online service, blue tooth techology and the ablitity to change hard drives at an affordable price. It is easier to change hard drives on the PS3 than it is with Xbox360 120GB HDD which is obviously overpriced. Xbox360 still gets alot of hardware errors and Xbox live is not free, but of course pays up for the best service possible. No HD drive is included for HD movies so its a no wonder HD-DVD lost in some ways.

I upgraded my PS3 hard drive to 320GB so that gives me about 50 or more games to save on my PS3. Yep...so PS3 may now lack backwards compatiablity but the PS2 is still affordable. Get it while you can before its gone. The PS2 has gone for another redsign obviously so it lacks the power supply box for it which is rather interesting.

Anyway, Xbox360 seems to be limited with games and such while PS3 still have more to offer for the hardware and online service.

If you are deciding which next generation systems you want to buy, my advice is to pick out the Playstation 3.

Nice thread, maybe it will wake them up. I loved my PS3 until the end. PS3 FTW.

I actually was thinking about getting PS3 instead of Xbox, but when I looked at the list of games that is available...there's dozens that's available for BOTH systems. There are a few games that's only available for PS3, and games only available for X360. So, I just made the list of games that I want for both systems. X360 wins.

My next system will be the newest Playstation when it comes out...maybe in a couple years. They better keep it on the cheap side, or people will get pissed.

Didn't Sony hints to have PS4 come out in 2011?

No.

Besides, each Sony console are made to last 10 years business-wise. Look at the original PS, it was on the market for around a decade, and PS2 is still around. it's still popular and I don't think it's going away anytime soon.

If you think more about this...Sony made better plans. They NEVER go first before other consoles.

After the other companies give out their consoles, Sony make them better and easier.

Sega rushed with dreamcast with a built in 56k modem and only play games. PS2 came out a year later with the ability to play dvd movies, PSone games, have 2 USB ports for future use and bigger memory cards.

Microsoft went a year head start before Sony and Nintendo...obviously a bad decision. PS3 came a year later and you can change your hard drive, get free online service, have afew slots such as SD and MS slots (on older PS3 models) with USB ports. uses blu-ray techology to expand space disc on games and the ablitiy to watch high defintion movies. you can change your theme or wallpaper much like from the PSP. You can use the bowser. So many to name.

Do Xbox360 have any of those? not that much. For afew years Xbox360 only can use 20GB hard drive, and you cant change the hard drive yourself expect have to buy another hard drive by Microsoft Xbox360 only and they are ridiculously overpriced. It have two USB ports while the older PS3 models have 4 USP ports now the newer models just uses 2 same as xbox360. no high definiton drive, yet only uses dvds that still dont hold enough space for games as blu-ray do.

More than 20% of Xbox360 have high rate of hardware failure thanks to the famous "red ring of death." PS3 has a much lower rate of it so they are lucky. Most of the games go to Xbox360 and PS3 so if you want more games, I would say the PS3 since I just upgraded my hard drive which wasnt so hard for me and can still play games such as Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Call of Duty : World at War on my PS3 as those games goes to Xbox360 on models either 20GB, 60GB, or 120GB and I can play games on my 320GB PS3. *scoffs* Games play better when they are installed in the hard drive to fasten load times and lessen "texture mapping" and such.

Xbox360 may be a great console, but it just doesnt really have alot to offer as Sony.

Im sorry but im just speaking from my view anyway. Enjoy whichever you like best.

If you think more about this...Sony made better plans. They NEVER go first before other consoles.

After the other companies give out their consoles, Sony make them better and easier.

Sega rushed with dreamcast with a built in 56k modem and only play games. PS2 came out a year later with the ability to play dvd movies, PSone games, have 2 USB ports for future use and bigger memory cards.

Microsoft went a year head start before Sony and Nintendo...obviously a bad decision. PS3 came a year later and you can change your hard drive, get free online service, have afew slots such as SD and MS slots (on older PS3 models) with USB ports. uses blu-ray techology to expand space disc on games and the ablitiy to watch high defintion movies. you can change your theme or wallpaper much like from the PSP. You can use the bowser. So many to name.

Do Xbox360 have any of those? not that much. For afew years Xbox360 only can use 20GB hard drive, and you cant change the hard drive yourself expect have to buy another hard drive by Microsoft Xbox360 only and they are ridiculously overpriced. It have two USB ports while the older PS3 models have 4 USP ports now the newer models just uses 2 same as xbox360. no high definiton drive, yet only uses dvds that still dont hold enough space for games as blu-ray do.

More than 20% of Xbox360 have high rate of hardware failure thanks to the famous "red ring of death." PS3 has a much lower rate of it so they are lucky. Most of the games go to Xbox360 and PS3 so if you want more games, I would say the PS3 since I just upgraded my hard drive which wasnt so hard for me and can still play games such as Dead Space, Mirror's Edge, Call of Duty : World at War on my PS3 as those games goes to Xbox360 on models either 20GB, 60GB, or 120GB and I can play games on my 320GB PS3. *scoffs* Games play better when they are installed in the hard drive to fasten load times and lessen "texture mapping" and such.

Xbox360 may be a great console, but it just doesnt really have alot to offer as Sony.

Im sorry but im just speaking from my view anyway. Enjoy whichever you like best.

Yup, I was considered about want get Dreamcast for my christmas in 1999 but changed my mind to wait for PS2 in next year later, after PS2 launched then it went out of stock in almost all store and I want to get PS2 for my christmas in 2000 but can't get it due out of stock and doesn't got it until 2001.

I remember about Xbox is most powerful console at this time and offers better graphic than PS2 does since PS2 has 140 million sold, compare to 24 million for Xbox.

When after Nvidia ceased GPU out for Xbox then MS had discontinued it and went rushed to release Xbox 360 at early time.

Halo 3. Gears of War 2. Halo 3 Recon. To mention a few.. for pro-360. Also, XBL still whoops PSN. When PSN whoops XBL, I'll probably get a PS3, but until then, I don't think I will get a PS3. I am well aware that the PS3 offers more than the 360 does, but for what I want, the 360 just does it better.

This is a good thread and gives me the good decision to stick with PS3, where it will be my next purhcase in the meantime of 2009 ;)

You can install and use Linux on PS3. It is cool! My nephew has used Linux on PS3. He learned how to use Linux from me and now he is familiar with it. :D

nathan, PS3 is at $737 right now and I am going to wait for it to drop. And also, there is no Black Friday in Australia.

Back