My Taxes

We owe $8,744 for Federal, and $1,587 for state income tax. :(

That's not counting what we already paid in during 2010. That's the balance due.

ugh... I owe NY $2,465 :ugh:

And you aren't even a resident of NY!

how does that happen? I thought you only pay state taxes you live in? you are supposely have to get money back from other state you work in and then apply it to state you live in. My sister did that.

how does that happen? I thought you only pay state taxes you live in? you are supposely have to get money back from other state you work in and then apply it to state you live in. My sister did that.

no. You have to pay for income tax in whatever the state you're in. I'm responsible for any other taxes in my own state such as property tax.

so since I live in NJ but work in NY... I owe $2,465 to NY and $0 to NJ for income tax.

Feds owe me $1,300 and Iowa owe me $162. I chose to have them deduct lots of taxes.

no. You have to pay for income tax in whatever the state you're in. I'm responsible for any other taxes in my own state such as property tax.

so since I live in NJ but work in NY... I owe $2,465 to NY and $0 to NJ for income tax.
I don't think that's the rule for every state.

done. done. done. NJ. NY. Federal.

Back