Votes: 2 7.4%
  • work

Votes: 14 51.9%
  • vacation, go out of town, or chillin' and relaxin'

Votes: 16 59.3%
  • something else???

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
I plan to go to the deaf events and deaf pinics this summer. I will go back to work unless my right wrist is better first.

I am looking forward to work tomorrow...
to meet new people.... start over...
be with new people who have no grudge...
I change my mind, I will go ahead and try to
socialize....

My Vocational Rehab counselor said there
aren't any deaf people there....
just some people with other type disability.

I hope I have fun working there. :whistle:

oh thank you, Steel. Workforce, here I come!!!!

No more roommates.
No more mean people.
No more bad guys.

- I plan on Working
-Farming the kids off to .....who cares
-Going fishing..thinking I may send the kids fishing too..They'd make great chum.
-Going to a few fricken weddings for several guys who I've warned not to do it..but of course..::Mockingly:: they are in looooveee::: dumb asses
-Visit some friends in upstate NY
- and hopefully fly out to Oregon for a weeks vacation

work and maybe go to the deafnation event in ohau and pretty much work and pay bills and whizz my hunny to our 6 months annverisary :-X no telling LOL she's a member here LOL Sorry babe!

then aug onwards double jobs so gonna be really busy and possiblity of having 3 hats on CDI??????? we'll see as im flying out there on the 3rd ( cross my fingers) so its mainly working......

rjr2006 said:
May:
5/19/05: going to NYC with my science class (my first time going NYC)

June:
6/11/05: my birthday
6/23/05: Last year of my junior year
6/25/05: FSW's deaf community picnic

July:
Summer school for personal finance
Go out more often to socialize more since I need to improve my social skills because I am deaf and I have to communicate much more in the hearing world.
Visit my old school and see my old deaf friend, interpreter, and others
Volunteer work (at hospitals for working on computers)
7/25/05-7/28/05: FUN DAYS AT YOUTH LEADERSHIP FOR THE DISABILITIES!

August:
Volunteer work
Go out more often
Summer reading
Block party at my old school

These summer plans are part of my transition progress of getting much more independent and I will face scary things such as going to the mall, accepting others to take care of me.

My high school is doing a very wonderful job, helping me become more independent for this summer. I DON'T HAVE TO BE AT HOME ALL THE TIME!

I never been in an EYF week but if you are considering NTID and if NTID is aware that you are interested in enrolling there, they can invite u to experience NTID for a week called Explore Your Future with other newbies.
DUnno if it is too late, but worth a shot to get your foot in the door of NTID.

- Starting June 1, if there are no other job offer by then, will be starting to work as a mail clerk at a major drug chain headquarter.
- Continuing my Masters program.
* If I have time between work and study I'll
- Enjoy socializing at deaf events and family events.
- Enjoy having company over. You know who you are. :)
- Going to festivials such as Taste of Chicago, Blues Festival, etc.
- Working out. :)
- Travelling to certain places that I have been to before. :)

Last edited:
Miss-Delectable said:
*pondering*.......

Oh yes! I'm visiting NYC then I'm going to explore the sights of Stockholm and Oslo.

Guess who I shall meet in any of those cities? ;)

:bye: :tears:

My plans for the summer-- starting now:

May 17 to 20-- reading for my online classes early to keep ahead of the class, shopping, and RELAXING...

May 20 to 22-- Canoeing and Camping at Lake Hasusva (in Needles, CA...?) and Topock Gorge... i think. It was fixed up by my husband's mother for his birthday (will be 23 on 21st) and as well in memory for his dad (one-yr anniversay of his death on 23rd). I will worry about my pet over this weekend beacuse I am guilt-ridden for leaving him home alone.

May 23 to June 14-- two interession online courses, at a FAR-AWAY community college, which are "Human Sexuality" and "California Real Estate Principles"... in four weeks I will have six college units... yay! Will use this time to catch up with my pet by letting him sitting on my stomach and suckling on my clothes while I read my textbooks and type homework online !

June 14 to July 2nd-- THREE WEEKS IN FINLAND! I will miss Miss-D (sobbing!) but hopefully I will see Liza and 'Gatsu!!! I will be in Sweden and MAYBE. JUST MAYBE. Norway if I do have time. :)

July 3 to July 13-- 10 DAYS OF RELAXING. Trying to change my sleep habit by pushing it 10 hrs backward....

July 13 to August 23 (I think)-- ONE summer session (6 weeks i think) at my university (i have to attend the class in person) which is "Oceangraphy" yay! Will be fun. jsut ONE class so it will be easy even though I will come to the class Monday to Thursday for one and half hours. Bleh.

August 23 to 28-- RELAX. And shopping for Fall semester for textbooks etc etc

August 29-- FALL SEMESTER AT THE UNI STARTS!

And throughout of the days I will be in America in the month of June I will be forced to work for a measly wage (which is NONE) under dire conditions at another university for the goal of improving healthcare access and understanding for the D/HH community by recruiting and assisting in the surveys... fun fun FUN! But networking means kiss-up-some-serious-arses time! I am just NETWORKING....

And yeppers I got my summer all planned out. Hope I will have some fun along the way.

Any of youse who are coming out my way, DROP BY TO VISIT ME! I will LOVE to meet any of youse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do need a break frmo my studying!!
Visit me in San Diego, Finland, WHEREVER!~
Don't be afraid if you don't talk with me or have no "friendship" with me already-- START ONE UP TODAY! PM ME! PM ME! PM ME! MEET ME! MEET ME! (subliming the message into your brain: "Meet gnarlydorkette in San Diego... or else!")

We will have short vacation.
We will go to Mena, Arkansas for seesighting on June 3th in early morning until late evening.
We will go to stay at Motel in Little Rock, Arkansas for one day and we go shopping around. We will visit with an old friend there.
We will go fishing this month. Next month, I go to my niece's baby shower.
I don't know what I do have plan on Memorial Day, May 30th and July 4th.
We start to build small house in my back yard this summer time. A small house called Apartment.
In July, I will go buy new clothes and new supply school for my daughter and she get ready for school start on August 19th.

My plans are:

June:
Going to my school to watch my best friend graduate
Going to her open house(twice)
My sister's birthday party(will be 26 yrs old)
Work all of Month of course.

July:
I dont know what I will do on July 4th.
My birthday, having few parties. (will be 21 yrs old YAY)
Go up north few times with family.
Work all of Month too.

August:
My sister's birthday(Will be 20 yrs old)
Work all of month too.

Also, dont know when I plan to go down to Texas to visit my boyfriend's family and friends there. I maybe can go or cant go because of work ugh. I really hope I can go so I could meet his mom before too late :( by the way, I hope I will have fun in summer ;)

doing some work on campaigns, relax, chill out with my dad/family, go swim in backyard (if weather isn't too chilly), whatever I find to keep myself occupied... no vacation for me :(

deaf24fan said:
I never been in an EYF week but if you are considering NTID and if NTID is aware that you are interested in enrolling there, they can invite u to experience NTID for a week called Explore Your Future with other newbies.
DUnno if it is too late, but worth a shot to get your foot in the door of NTID.

I applied for EYF a few months ago and they kept calling my relay number, asking for fees. Yesterday, I had a PPT about summer plans and NTID's EYF, and the team agreed that I should take personal finance at summer school, so that I will have advantages in paying for Personal Care Assistance since I am fully quadriplegic. They also want me to go out and socialize more around with hearing people (face to face, writing notes), yet it is very difficult/frustrating, because I am profoundly deaf.

I'll be very busy during my spare time, because I am going to research on NY benefits, VESID (Rehabilitation Services in NY) so that I can decide whether if I want to leave CT and become the part of Rochester and NY after I graduate from HS next year.

Back