My SSD Application Got Denied

Since you are already deaf that is sufficent for SSA to approve your claim. The SSA, actually it's disability determination services AKA DDS who are doctors to exam on any disabled people to see if they are REALLY disabled then the DDS inform to SSA then SSA will process the SSA claims.

For SSA's criteria to meet any disabled people's need is one which is sufficient in order to approve the claim.

I don't understand why they denied your case. Have you apply for social security disability?

One thing is that DDS will need to see you in person to verifity that you are real person and disabled guy. So i think you might need to inform SSA and DDS about your transportation situation and they would find a way to make things easier for you to match your schedule time. =/ good luck.

I am sorry about your wife. Lawyer of my husband told him, he had to applied three time before he will take his claim. And SS did turned him down three time then he got a lawyer then went to court and won. I suggest you apply two more first and see if they accept you or not. If not then get a lawyer cuz lawyer get money out of your SS. Hopefully you do not need a lawyer. Good luck.

Yea, my doctor sent the proved "Medically confindential Sealed" that my DX report very confindential to the SSA but the doctor gave me the letter with packets, I went to the SSA office and gave the packets to SSA person. SSA person saw me in a power wheelchair. the SSA updated database and printed it out that showed "Permentally Disabled" including my visually fields too. No more employments and already retired.

SSD for deafies

Lost my job Dec, applied to ssd today they said it's denied because I don't have an income between 2001-2005. So, I don't qualify for their point system and cannot get anything.
Anyone know about this? I'm profoundly deaf.
Thanks

I called 2 different attorneys, the one call I got was yesterday. Today another called and said will send a package for me to fill out. He's way deep inside Indy, something I rather not travel as I am scared of HUGE traffic, so I avoid driving through those areas.

Plus my car has problems, clutch wise, too afraid to make the drive out of fear it could break down and leave me stuck there.

Attorney said he will call back at 3 PM to field more questions. it's 10:08 AM now.

That's all I know for now.

Yiz
Are you eligible for the Tel-a-Ride bus? It's a free service. You call to make an appointment and they pick you up at the house and drop you off at the front door of wherever is your destination. That might make it easier for you to pursue your assistance. It requires application, and possibly a doctor's letter.

Lost my job Dec, applied to ssd today they said it's denied because I don't have an income between 2001-2005. So, I don't qualify for their point system and cannot get anything.
Anyone know about this? I'm profoundly deaf.
Thanks

have you checked your SS earnings? Anytime people start working, you should fill out a request for a copy of SS report and you will get a annual report free. In it will show the credits earned, the amount of SS you could get if retired (usually its same amount if getting SSD).

If you don't get SSD due to not enough creedits, then most likely you could get SSI. when filling out forms for SS benefits, do both SSI and SSD.

Back