My son just told me when he lay down or stay still he can hear H sound in both ears

new

Reaction score
My son has mixed mild hear loss, see here:

http://www.alldeaf.com/showthread.php?t=121645

He told me today that he can hear noise when he stays still or lay down, sounds like "h h h h", he said has been there for a long time, he wasn't sure whether he could hear it before the tubes or after the tubes.

I am not 100% sure if he is telling the real thing, he is only 5. But he has high fever now. Not sure if high fever and / or tubes would cause tinnitus in children? I am only giving him tylenol, seems it is less toxic then motrin.

Generally, what is the cause for tinnitus in child?

I had the exact same thing. To me it was a cha cha cha. Like an old train starting up. Only when i lay down quiet. I had chronic ear infections but i can't remeber if they happened at the same time. I've recently discovered that ibuprofen makes my tinnitus worse so maybe the tylonol does for him.

Also, if he has a fever maybe his head is stuffed up. That always makes it seem louder to me. Not sure if it's the sinus pressure or the plugged ears or both.

I had the exact same thing. To me it was a cha cha cha. Like an old train starting up. Only when i lay down quiet. I had chronic ear infections but i can't remeber if they happened at the same time. I've recently discovered that ibuprofen makes my tinnitus worse so maybe the tylonol does for him.

thanks, did have hearing loss at that time? if yes, what was the severity? Has it progressed ever since?
thanks

Also, if he has a fever maybe his head is stuffed up. That always makes it seem louder to me. Not sure if it's the sinus pressure or the plugged ears or both.

Thanks. He said he heard this all the time, even when he was not sick. Not sure if he was telling the real story...

thanks, did have hearing loss at that time? if yes, what was the severity? Has it progressed ever since?
thanks

No hearing loss (auditory processing disorder) . Funny you mention the heart beat because i remember now thinking it was my heart i was hearing. Seems like it only happened when my ears we're plugged up (all the time). I don't know how that relates to your son with his tubes.

Sorry, hard to remember back that far. We couldn't afford the doctor when i was little so i can't tell you exactly what it was but if my son had it i probably would have him checked out for ear infections.

No hearing loss (auditory processing disorder) . Funny you mention the heart beat because i remember now thinking it was my heart i was hearing. Seems like it only happened when my ears we're plugged up (all the time). I don't know how that relates to your son with his tubes.

Sorry, hard to remember back that far. We couldn't afford the doctor when i was little so i can't tell you exactly what it was but if my son had it i probably would have him checked out for ear infections.

Thanks, he has tubes in both of his ears and has fever, but i will take him to walk-in clinic today.

Back