My Son Is Deaf And Needs An Advocate

i completly agree... but i dont think he should lack companyif he's in prison he diserves to be there.... he did do wrong.. and i accept that but i dont think people should exclude him from company just because he has done wrong.... if no one would talk to anyone who had been incarserated or been in trouble with the law for any reason.. there would be whole comunities who would never speak.

Deaf_Jen said:
See this is an interesting situation, i have been talking to Kerri here, and she explained to me the situation... as a whole i can see her son was at fault.. but who are we to judge?
If he was at fault, and he knows it, and admits it, then that is not judging. It is agreeing with what has been stated.

i personaly feel that just because this person has commited a crime which by all means he should be punished for.... why should he be excluded from friendship? And as a christian its not a duty or an obligation to reach out to those who need a friend... it is something which we should all love to do... what right do we have to to judge him?
There is nothing wrong with reaching out to him in friendship, but that doesn't get him off the hook with his legal obligations. Those are two separate issues.

A real friend will be honest and say, "Look, you did wrong and you have to pay your debt to society. Also, you sinned. You need to get right with the Lord for real lasting peace. I am your friend, and I will help you do that."

There is nothing loving or helpful about covering or ignoring sin. It has to be dealt with. Denial doesn't help anyone.

Also, these days, people have to be very cautious about contacting prisoners on a personal basis. There are too many scams and dangerous situations happening.

Our local church ministers to civilian and military prisoners on a regular basis. We have several people involved with jail and brig visits. We reach out to prisoners. It is not judging them. The prisoners themselves say, "I am guilty."

KERRIBROWN said:
Hi

My name is Kerri Brown. My son is Josh Lovett and he is 20 years old and deaf. He is incarcerated in the Marion County Jail in Florida. I am in the process of looking for some legal representation for him. In the meantime I am trying to get his story out to as many people as possible. He could use some encouragement and help in any way.

He was pepper sprayed and tazed 3 times. He was handcuffed behind his back and no Miranda rights were read to him. He has been in jail for over a month and has no interpreter or TDD to make a phone call.

Don’t get me wrong, Joshua is not totally innocent. He has become an angry young man since loosing his hearing 13 years ago.

He would love to receive mail if anyone would like to write him
Joshua can be contacted by mail
Marion County Jail
A0082571
Joshua Lovett
700 NW 30th Ave.
Ocala, FL. 34475

Thank you so much

Kerri Brown

check with www.nad.org click on legal link National Associate for the Deaf, Legal Department will be glad to help with your son.

Try to contact Pre-Paid Legal Plan
David Collins
1700 West. 2700 N #37
Ogden, Utah 84404
801-782-6835 TDD/VP
Email: collins26@prepaidlegal.com

Hope, your son will be able to contact with David Collins for a better advise about State of Florida.

America Disability Act requires to provide an interpreter and TTY at the prision for your son.

Hello &
14.gif

Back