My Short Video Review on HOVRS MVP

thechaostheory

Reaction score
Go ahead with bashing and everything, bring it on. :lol:

I will be making part two later and make sure you click HD format, it looks better IMO. :wave:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH_NhWQRgro&fmt=22]YouTube - Hands On Mobile Video Phone (Video Review)[/ame]

WOWWWW very AWESOME. I wish I own a MVP.. I may be getting it soon, who knows?! Awesome video!!

That's a pretty simple review...mostly visual than blah blah with hearing mumbo jumbo. :giggle:

Cool

Went to Panera Bread, the closest store with free WiFi from my home with the MVP but struggled getting it on. The ladies who work there couldn't help me out with their wifi settings.

Tell me what settings did they use there? DHCP with no public or what?

Later I will try it once again... congrats, thechaostheory!

I think it need to turn to DHCP and turn public IP off. I haven't tried it at Panera yet but that what I think it should work. Maybe Chevy have some answer for you.

By the way, good video chaotheory.

I think it need to turn to DHCP and turn public IP off. I haven't tried it at Panera yet but that what I think it should work. Maybe Chevy have some answer for you.

By the way, good video chaotheory.

RedWolf, you are right. Use DHCP and turn public IP off.

RedWolf, you are right. Use DHCP and turn public IP off.

No way.

Here what I did at the Panera Bread,

1. Turned on MVP
2. Picked "Panera" as your WiFI
3. Went to Web Browser by itself to accept the term and condition, click LogIn on the web browser.
4. That's it. (I checked the network settings, it was on DHCP and the public IP was ON. My friend were able to call me directly.)

Strange? :eek3:

No way.

1. Turned on MVP
3. Went to Web Browser by itself to accept the term and condition, click LogIn on the web browser.
4. That's it. (I checked the network settings, it was on DHCP and the public IP was ON. My friend were able to call me directly.)

OK, I will go at Panera Bread or other restaurant to bring my notebook and mvp for testing soon. Let you know.

Some Purple reps test all common MVP work with public wi-fi.

1. Select Network (place where to connect)
2. Select Connection Type is DHCP
3. Select Public IP is OFF
4. Select Upload Speed is 384 and Download Speed is 384 (one place has a lot of public networking traffic, MVP need increased speed enough for video quality)

You will check how upload speed and download speed by speedtest.net to change speed.

Some Purple reps test all common MVP work with public wi-fi.

1. Select Network (place where to connect)
2. Select Connection Type is DHCP
3. Select Public IP is OFF
4. Select Upload Speed is 384 and Download Speed is 384 (one place has a lot of public networking traffic, MVP need increased speed enough for video quality)

You will check how upload speed and download speed by speedtest.net to change speed.

You mean I can check speed on speedtest.net to test the speed wireless at a public place?

Last edited:
You mean I can check speed on speedtest.net to test the speed wireless at a public place?

But MVP browser don't support speedtest.net because It don't have flasher player and Java. You can see WiFi meter icon on top left of display of MVP and how to range from WiFi device.

But MVP browser don't support speedtest.net because It don't have flasher player and Java. You can see WiFi meter icon on top left of display of MVP and how to range from WiFi device.

You mean top right? I checked and the top left is the time and date.

Use your laptop to check the speed.

No way.

1. Turned on MVP

You are right! That where I work there. The speed is approx 665 kbps on Panera's Wifi. It is very good speed.

Which way? Download or upload? I would be paying attention to upload speed because it tend to be the lowest speed. If it is upload then can deal with 2nd MVP, but once hit third MVP, you will run into problems.

You are right! That where I work there. The speed is approx 665 kbps on Panera's Wifi. It is very good speed.

i had tested to use mvp at Schlotzsky's Deli today. But MVP range was low. Someone can't see me at mvp that s slow scan. So I now get my notebook to use Viable Vision for testing call. Video was very clear. Notebook s wifi range is better than MVP. I don't worry about it. I had heard that new netbook for deaf will be coming in few week. I can't tell all of you about it till some company will announce it.

Back