My Savia Phonak Hearing Aids Kit

dungsiabc

Reaction score
I have bought them for more than 2 years. But I don't feel happy when I wear them.
With them, I don't hear clearly than I expect. I have paid approximately 9000 USD for them. :( . And I feel very tired, headeach when wear them. (I only use well with FM system). After school, I usually be headeach. Poor me.

My audiogram
Left:
Air conduction:50 70 65 55 50 40
Bone Conduction: 70 65 55 50

Right:
Air conduction:20 45 65 55 45 35
Bone Conduction: 45 65 55 45

That is them:

sav.jpg

Attachments

• sav2.jpg
    sav2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 10
sometimes, I feel I hear better without my HA. I am wondering that why I"ll be stressful when I start wear HA.

Hey, a very nice photo of the two of you! Thanks for sharing with AD'ers! :thumb:

As for your 'HA's', am sorry it has been giving you headaches, however, having the volume setting on too high can be one reason for getting those miserable headaches. Also, perhaps wearing your HA's for a brief time each day, like wearing them for a couple hours at a time daily until you're more adjusted to it. Maybe other AD'ers can lend some advice or suggestions as well--hmm? AD'ers???

Hope things will eventually improve for you--just hang in there! :)

~RR

those are like my ha's but mine are all black but with the smartlink phonak fm system ...sometimes i find my ears r bothering me when the volume is too high..why dont u get ur audi to adjust the settings?

I have take measurements of my ears many times and by many audiologists at other places. And the result is similar. With this result, audiologist fit HAs for me. The sound is medium, not over loud, but I feel stress when I wear them :( because I can't familiarize myself with it's sound. (Although I had to wore them for more than 2 years. Even, I start feeling stress when I recently wear them). I don't know why I can't hear better with them although they are in class one HAs-very expensive. I feel that the its' s sound is not natural and so noisy. Even, I feel they worse than my old analog-HAs.

My HAs fitting

ssss.jpg

ssss3.jpg

Now, I relise that I turn the volume to minimum, I will not be stress anymore. But the sound is quite soft, litter hard to hear. Now, I am gradually used to familiarize with my HAs.
Through my audiogram, how do you think about my ears's deaf degree? Are they serious?

There is always a period of getting used to new hearing aids.
But if you can identify specific sounds that bother you the most
with the new aids, and reproduce those sounds for your
audiologist, he or she should be able to adjust the aids to make
them more comfortable for you.

For instance, for me a sound that drove me absolutely nuts was
the sound of placing a glass tumbler onto a hard surface.
Something about that sound just pierced my skull, almost a
physical pain. It caused me to immediately remove the aids or
turn them off when it occurred. We duplicated this in an office
setting and my audiologist was able to improve things a lot.

Does adjusting the volume help you with them? If possible I would
wear them all day long, and just turn down the volume a bit if
they feel uncomfortable in a particular setting, and crank it back
up in the classroom if needed.

Judging from the dates on your fitting, you just got these
recently. If you are still within the trial period (and you live
in a place where there is a trial period), you might consider
trying a different brand; I know some brands work much better
for me than others. If not, I recommend that you continue
working with your audiologist, trying to explain as well as you can
how, when, and why they are giving you discomfort.

My hearing aids are still far from comfortable, but I am able to
tolerate them for the entire day now (where before, I was
always taking them off). Hang in there and I hope things get
better for you soon!

Dear rokicki!
Yes, I turn the volume to minimum--> I don't feel much stress and headeach. :)
Ah, the date of my fitting that you saw was that: I went to audiologist's place to mesure again my ears's ability and fit again my HAs.( I bought my HAs for more than 2 years. During that time, I was alway stress and headeach when I wore my HAs. I always thought that my HAs were not good but infact, the volume were fairly loud.)
Are you still school? Have you ever try FM hearing system? It is very fantastic. I love it very much. With it, I can hear teacher's voice so cleary without noise in school. Thanks to my parents that they bought it for me!
Hang in there and I hope things get better for you soon!

those are like my ha's but mine are all black but with the smartlink phonak fm system ...sometimes i find my ears r bothering me when the volume is too high..why dont u get ur audi to adjust the settings?

FM system is very expensive. I only bough one ML9S reciever and one Campus S. Because one ML9S cost 1450USD = the cost of Campus S. I am going to buy another ML9S reciever for my right HA. A few year later, when I feel necessary I will buy a Smartlink SX transmiter. FM hearing system help me much in school. I love it very much. Thanks to my parents for buying them for me.

Yes, thank for your advice. Indeed, because I set the volume high. So now, I turn the volume minimum and I can wear HAs all days with less stress and headeach.

> Are you still school? Have you ever try FM hearing system?
> It is very fantastic.

Actually, I've been out of school for about 15 years.
When I was in school I was not aware of the existence
of FM systems (which is sad; I probably could have done
much better with them).

I agree that the price of the FM system seems quite high.
But if it provides that essential clarity, and it's for something
like school, then it's pretty worthwhile.

I have bought them for more than 2 years. But I don't feel happy when I wear them.
With them, I don't hear clearly than I expect. I have paid approximately 9000 USD for them. :( . And I feel very tired, headeach when wear them. (I only use well with FM system). After school, I usually be headeach. Poor me.

My audiogram
Left:
Air conduction:50 70 65 55 50 40
Bone Conduction: 70 65 55 50

Right:
Air conduction:20 45 65 55 45 35
Bone Conduction: 45 65 55 45

That is them:

sav.jpg

Wow, you shouldn't have a headache from wearing your HA's I wouldn't think, but I sure have a headache now that mine are broken. There has to be a solution to that, like I think I saw someone post about an FM system? Those are supposed to be really good, but my school wasn't very good about lending me one so I don't know. I hope things work out for you. Good luck. BTW, are you the one who IM'ed me on Yahoo? If so, I look forward to chatting with you, if not, then I am sorry I have the wrong person, lol. :) Take care! ~~

To Helidore1983!
Yes, I was the man that chatted with you. :). Nice to meet you!
Ah, your yellow dog likes Vietnam's dogs. Because, vietnam's dogs's feather are usually yellow :) . A nice dog! :)

> Are you still school? Have you ever try FM hearing system?
> It is very fantastic.

Actually, I've been out of school for about 15 years.
When I was in school I was not aware of the existence
of FM systems (which is sad; I probably could have done
much better with them).

I agree that the price of the FM system seems quite high.
But if it provides that essential clarity, and it's for something
like school, then it's pretty worthwhile.

Dear rokicki!
Yes, FM system is worthwhile for me! With it, I can hear well, similarly to other students in my class and I can understand lessons very quickly. I love it very much!!!

Back