My ratties

awww cuteee rats.. such beautiful pictures. I have been touch and pat pet rats a lot ... but sewer-rats... :Ohno:

jiro123, can you post some pictures of ferrets at other thread because I love ferrets?

Originally Posted by sequoias
Yes, because ferrets have a stink gland....they can stink worse if they don't remove the stink gland....a bit of that still remains...so they naturally have the musky smell.

Yes, that's correct.

The musky smell doesn't really bother me as much as it does but when it is not taken care of, that's when it gets really bad.

Very true, at first I was consider to have ferrets as pet. I search cons/pros about ferrets before I made a decision either I want to adopt ferrets or not. I decided to not get one because I doubt either ferrets are good with my cats or not... It would be different if I adopt cats and ferrets on the same time as babies and let them grow up together like what my friend did with their cats and rats or ferrets.

It smells badly if the people feed cat foods to ferrets... My friend own ferrets and have less smelly... not very much... My friend feed their ferrets some vegetables (limit) and make sure that ferrets get right diet... She buy special ferret foods from pet shop, not cat foods. Never feed ferrets with fish, bird, rabbits... it will odor badly... have to change and clean ferrets' litter box twice or three time a day... ferrets are more senstive than cats... Interesting,... I got that tip from my friend. That's why I decide to not adopt ferrets because it would cost me more time to do with ferrets than cats.

Very true, at first I was consider to have ferrets as pet. I search cons/pros about ferrets before I made a decision either I want to adopt ferrets or not. I decided to not get one because I doubt either ferrets are good with my cats or not... It would be different if I adopt cats and ferrets on the same time as babies and let them grow up together like what my friend did with their cats and rats or ferrets.

It smells badly if the people feed cat foods to ferrets... My friend own ferrets and have less smelly... not very much... My friend feed their ferrets some vegetables (limit) and make sure that ferrets get right diet... She buy special ferret foods from pet shop, not cat foods. Never feed ferrets with fish, bird, rabbits... it will odor badly... have to change and clean ferrets' litter box twice or three time a day... ferrets are more senstive than cats... Interesting,... I got that tip from my friend. That's why I decide to not adopt ferrets because it would cost me more time to do with ferrets than cats.

Ferret is okay with cat. Ferret is not cheap for food,toy, vet, and cage.

Why is that?

I wouldn't mind having a pet rat myself. :)

Well, It's just been an ongoing fear I've had since childhood. When I was little, I was sleeping on the floor in a sleeping bag (we had slumber party that night) and I felt something was climbing inside the sleeping bag. Only I didn't know what it was. I freaked out and immediately got out of the sleeping bag. Then I saw a huge rat coming out of it. :eek3: I mean, seriously, it was huge with a long tail and it was not pleasant. *shudders*

So, to this day whenever I see a mouse or a rat, I tend to tense up and freeze.

Ironically, the gerbils, guinea pig and hamsters doesn't do an iota for me. Weird, eh?

no, ferrets (especially females) don't smell if you do something daily. I've had took care of three before. well, I won't hjack more.

hey...seqo, thought you were gonna wait for me.. ;) I don't have a computer or am at one yet. :( anyway, it's nice meeting your ratties finally. :) and you have purple cage! yay. hope to see more of yours whenever my ratties decide to come out of their cages. c:)

p.s. pete is still a hooded rat. just with cute caps.
pinkgrin.gif

no, ferrets (especially females) don't smell if you do something daily. I've had took care of three before. well, I won't hjack more.

hey...seqo, thought you were gonna wait for me.. ;) I don't have a computer or am at one yet. :( anyway, it's nice meeting your ratties finally. :) and you have purple cage! yay. hope to see more of yours whenever my ratties decide to come out of their cages. c:)

p.s. pete is still a hooded rat. just with cute caps.
pinkgrin.gif

Haha, you can post your pictures of the ratties in this thread like I said in my orginal post. ;) Yea, they all have purple cages made by Coast Cages, they make good cages for rats, mice and other small animals. The blue ones are for the mice or hamsters, though. They don't have blue ones for the rats oh well.

Aw I miss my ratties =(

Give them a kiss for me, Seq! :D and tell them that their mommy love them so much!

Back