My questions about CI

Mizzou

Reaction score
Okay my questions about CI....

How do ur CI hears after turn on ?
Do you feel like hearing ?
How many times you change the channels ?
Once you turn on then it will stay for 24/7 ??
Did you sleep with it ?? Off or On ??

Anything add I may have missed.....

Normally, one doesn't sleep with the CI on but you CAN; just keep one eye open, too. :giggle:

Not sure of your gist but I'll assume after one gets turned on for the first time...

Weird at first. Voices were off almost like robotic or daffy duckish at first. I pretty much immediately started making sense of what speech I heard. I was a going concern the next day.

General noises were worst and that took me until the next day to start getting a handle on them. After about four days, I got that it mostly down except for the loudness of vehicles especially buses and trucks.

You bet...and loving it. Best thing I done in my life hearing wise.

I've four programs but I stay (99.99%) on one program all the time (ADRO).

No, you can control the amount of time it is on. It depends on your preferences and what is happening in your life at the time. I usually power mine on about 7:30am and leave it on until about 9:30pm. To give some perspective, I work from 6:30 to 3:00 during the weekdays.

There is no way I'm going to sleep with it on. I have never heard during my sleep and I don't intend to start now.

Anything add I may have missed.....

BionicEar.com - Harmony Cochlear Implant by Advanced Bionics

This is from advanced bionics web site.

I don't change the channel or volume. Also glad I can't sleep with it, my hubby snores so loud. I need a break from it.

I bet that will happens. I am LOUD snores myself.

Thank you for that link.

When I had my activation, it didn't sound wonderful but I was hearing a lot different things that I haven't heard in a very long time. Then I was missing sounds that I should have heard. It was nuts :)

I love hearing out of it now! It just takes a little time for the brain to get use to it all.

By changing the channels, I think you might mean the mapping? If so, then it can be as many times as is needed. I just had my fifth "tune up"

The CI is only on when the magnet is attached to your head and you have power in your batteries for your processor part which looks like a hearing aid.

I've fallen asleep with it on but I usually take it off because I like to sleep on the side that my implant is on.

Back