My phone is dying not sure where to buy a new one

whatdidyousay!

Reaction score
I am having a hard time buying a phone . All the stores are only selling cord less phone or cell phones. I brought two brands of cordless phones and they do not work with my HA . Verizon gave me phone that from their handicap center. The phone is almost too loud when I wear my HA and I can't hear without my HA. So I have to hold the phone away from my ear. Verizon had no other phones for me to use. I am not sure where to look for a phone , I tried all the bigs chain stores and they have nothing. I when to Staples and the guy working there told me another HOH person came to his store as he was having a hard time buying a phone too. and I am not the great with using new tech stuff. I would love to get a phone that I could read what being said but I do not want to use a relay operator. I tried it once and hated having a third person listening to my phone call.

When the last time you bought a phone?

Every phone is different, for example, I couldn't use a Nokia E3360 or BlackBerry 8900 with my hearing aid, but I could use a BlackBerry 9700 or Samsung A760.

When the last time you bought a phone?

Every phone is different, for example, I couldn't use a Nokia E3360 or BlackBerry 8900 with my hearing aid, but I could use a BlackBerry 9700 or Samsung A760.

A few years ago, I did look for a phone last year and could not find one that would work for me. The phones were really poorly made and very cheap about $20 at K Mart. I would rather pay more for a phone that last longer and work better . I go to Radio Shack down the street from my home from time to time to see if they have anything I could use. The guy agreed with me that is hard to find a plain old phone that work with a HA with out all extar bells and whistles on it.
I would lose a phone that small in no time , I am really forgetful , And the key pad is so small , I am really old fashion when it come to phones. I misplace my HA all the time too!

You should check into the CapTel service for your state. I use Sprint CapTel personally. There is a captioner on the line to ensure the voice recognition technology is as accurate as possible, and it has really good adjustable sound amplification. I think it'll meet all your needs being simple, fairly loud, and you can have captions of your call only if you want to.

You should check into the CapTel service for your state. I use Sprint CapTel personally. There is a captioner on the line to ensure the voice recognition technology is as accurate as possible, and it has really good adjustable sound amplification. I think it'll meet all your needs being simple, fairly loud, and you can have captions of your call only if you want to.

My audiologist been trying to get me to have a tty for a long time. I do not like the idea of having a thrid people listening to my phone calls Don't you need a relay operator when you use CapTel service ?

The phone from verizon doesn't have a volume control? What about your hearing aids?

The phone from verizon doesn't have a volume control? What about your hearing aids?

Yes it does have a volume control, it not loud enough so I have to wear my HA too when taking on the phone and at time this is too loud if a person raise their voice. My HA do not help enought to hear on a phone ,I need both a HA and phone with a volume control, this is why my audiologist want me to get a TTY or phone so I can read what being said. . I may have to do this as my TMJ has made it painful to wear HA , I can only wear one HA now and that ear starting hurt and the ear ,nose and throat DR. can't help me. I am running out of ears.

Back