My new hair and decorated hearing aids!

melissa

Reaction score
Tonight I decided to put more pretty colours in my hair. I already had a thick bright pink stripe, so I added another one. Then I tried to make rainbow colours in my fringe- blue, turquoise, green, purple and pink, but it all smushed into a chlorine-like blue-green and purple thing. The camera made it look washed out. I'm not happy with the fringe :-(

Photos:

IMG_0166.jpg

My hair- just above my shoulders, with thick pink chunks by the ears, and a green/turquoise area by my fringe. The back/rest of my hair is ginger.

IMG_0163.jpg

The same as before but from above showing the turquoise side fringe.

IMG_0168.jpg

Side view of my head showing my BTE HA's decorated with sparkly star stickers in blue and silver.

The top of my ears are pink...

I then decided I wanted pretty hearing aids, too, and stuck some stickers on them I had from a christmas craft pack.

My parents don't like my hair so much :-( I seem to be doing the teenage rebellion thing a little late; I'm 24 and never dyed my hair as a teenager.

Wise parents never comment on hair. If the kid is a good kid, that's all that matters.

Enjoy expressing yourself!

Thanks Sallylou! Yes, my mum doesn't like it- she'll tell me so, when I ask if she likes it, but she doesn't say anything otherwise. I just have a constant need for approval from other people...

It's natural to want your parents approval. Don't be so hard on yourself. :nono: :hug:

My teen let his hair grow really long--it was a curly mass. Then he shaved his head. Now, he's letting it grow back out. I tell him that he looks handsome with every style. :)

FWIW, I think that your hair is cute. :D

Cool hair Melissa and the HA are creative:)

Thankyou :) it'll fade after a few washes so I might go cupcake pink then (I'll need to order the colour). I might go shopping today and get some more stickers :)

Sallylou, I've said it before but your kitten is gorgeous!

haha i love funky color for fun. Your hair look cool! i cant wait to see if my girl is up to it then i would join with her. She has not been interested in having funky color hair yet. Your HA looks very aliveeee. Thanks for sharing the photos with us.

Thankyou :) Frisky Feline, you can have funky hair if you like, even if your girl doesn't want it- she might like it then do her hair. I put a blue stripe in my ex-boyfriend's hair :) I ordered some 'cupcake pink' dye this morning so I can do it pale pink!

I would never have been that creative and individual as a teen

Kudos to you!

Me neither, I'm 24 ;-) hehe!

I'm feeling better about it today, I was feeling a bit down last night. I got some more stickers too, sparkly with little bunnies on (a bit like Miffy the rabbit).

Thankyou for all the kind comments :)

Thankyou :) Frisky Feline, you can have funky hair if you like, even if your girl doesn't want it- she might like it then do her hair. I put a blue stripe in my ex-boyfriend's hair :) I ordered some 'cupcake pink' dye this morning so I can do it pale pink!

I agree. I might check it soon that the halloween is around the corner. :hmm:

Oh my, sorry, I am just old, you look like a teen to me, apology!

You are a beautiful young lady, love the hair, love the HA decorations

Hehe, that's ok- nice to know I look younger than I feel!

Aww, thankyou :) you're all so kind!

Looks great! Just curious; what makes you decide which colors to use? Not trying to say anything negative here. I just always wonder about that when someone goes to an "un-natural" color. My nephew did blue, purple, and green at different times.

At my age, most people try to hide the gray/white hair. I was a brownish red-haired young man, but not anymore. I feel I have earned the right to wear gray hair. If I were to color mine, I would go for all white/blonde colors, just because it would look natural on me. Also, the curtains would match the carpeting. :giggle:

I just pick my favourite colours, and try not to go for anything too dark as it makes me look like a ghost. It's different now..bubble gum pink with a few baby blue stripes, but some of them turned out minty green. I will take pics later if I remember.

Out of interest, are you the only person where you work who wears hearing aids? Has / have the other person / people who does / do made any comment? I think they look cool!

I remmy one summer, I dyed my hair green. Thought it was cool. But my mother thought overwise, and took me to the beauty shop! I'm a natural blonde, all my family had red hair....one time I dyed my hair auburn, and that was shocking! Even dotted my face with eyeliner to make some freckles like my other siblings.

My boys have gone thru mohawks and shaved heads and some blonde hilites in their hair at times.

Lots older now, and my hair is blondish white, and have been thinking of the color Platinum! Still "chicken" to try it, but maybe before Xmas.

Ur hair looks nice. Very creative.

Back