My New Clear Skeleton Ear Molds

RisinDragon

Reaction score
Since I had tested skeleton ear molds with my last set, the ugly beige color...

Tl0c3YC.jpg

I decided to get clear skeletons ones this time around. They look snappy. :D They are very comfortable. Softer material than my last set.

mjfSSBj.jpg

I've talked to my audiologist regarding Westone's Company, that I have read you guys/gals talked about. She said she actually ordered from there once for a client and got 'busted'. Her boss yelled at her. Plus, my insurance would not cover any ear molds from Westone. :( So Westone is not one of the companies they are allowed to order ear molds from. My ear molds comes from a company called Emtech Laboratories, Inc.

I don't get it, really. We the customers are paying for it at times. Sometimes I pay things out of my own pocket if my insurance company refuses to pay. Like I do for my contact lens, I went to a local family owned Optician for my glasses/contacts and pay out of pocket. Even tho they don't take my insurance.

Perhaps they get a discount for exclusivity. Kinda like how you either get Pepsi or Coca-Cola products at fast-food places.

The earmolds look cool. Do you get feedback problems with skeleton earmolds? I keep saying to my Audi, what about skeleton earmolds, everytime I go for new earmolds but I get the old saying, your hearing loss won't allow it.

Colored tubing is great, I have red tubing myself :)

It feels like a pair of fitted gloves.

They actually fit better than a non skeleton molds. At least for me. It took a while to get used to them since they were different. But I love them.

Tell your Audi to stop giving you bull.

I am Severe to Profound and they work for me. I was told they might have feedback because of my hearing lost. I told my Audi, 'let's try them and see, won't know until I try them'. If they don't work well, they can always get you new ear molds.

Voila, prove them wrong. No feedback what so ever.

does it really matter if it's skeleton, full or half shelled for severe-profound losses? I've used all 3 styles with no issues. I've been using half-shells for several years. Used skeleton molds in school (until I got to high school, then used half shells). As long as there is no vents in my earmolds, it's all good!

I think they audiologists are making assumptions that it will not work because the severity of those in the severe/profound ranges.

How would they know? They can hear. All a person has to do is try them out and then give their opinions.

Would they work for everyone in that range, I don't know. I would never make that assumption. Because it all depends on the person it's equipped on.

My thing is this, try it and see. If it works and no feedback, great. If it does give some feedback, then you'll know it doesn't work for you.

According to the 'books' nothing but full shell for very profound loss will work. At severe to profound, a pressure vent can still be used so maybe that's why, people who are severe to profound can get away with skeleton earmolds but not someone who is very profound. My loss is all under 105db.

I got skeleton molds. I get a lot of feedback if I adjust them in my ears, turn my head too far, open my mouth very wide, etc. It isn't anywhere near as bad as when I had my in the ear hearing aids, but it's there. No feedback on the phone, etc. though.

I was told not to get the tight fitting molds because I have fairly good hearing in the low tones and they wanted to let that sound in.

I'm eh, with the skeleton molds. I think they are harder to put in, but they stay in place better. My left one is just a fraction too big. If I were keeping them I would get a new one made. It's not so bad as it causes irritation, it's just a little annoying.

I had clear molds on my Starkey's with the receiver in the ear. I liked those--but they had all the wires and electronics in them too so they were cool looking. My Q's have "skin" colored molds...boring but they work.

Since I had tested skeleton ear molds with my last set, the ugly beige color...

Tl0c3YC.jpg

I decided to get clear skeletons ones this time around. They look snappy. :D They are very comfortable. Softer material than my last set.

mjfSSBj.jpg

I've talked to my audiologist regarding Westone's Company, that I have read you guys/gals talked about. She said she actually ordered from there once for a client and got 'busted'. Her boss yelled at her. Plus, my insurance would not cover any ear molds from Westone. :( So Westone is not one of the companies they are allowed to order ear molds from. My ear molds comes from a company called Emtech Laboratories, Inc.

I don't get it, really. We the customers are paying for it at times. Sometimes I pay things out of my own pocket if my insurance company refuses to pay. Like I do for my contact lens, I went to a local family owned Optician for my glasses/contacts and pay out of pocket. Even tho they don't take my insurance.

They look like the old version of mine

Opticon?

I have digital Siemens ones

those are Phonaks here in the pic, NOW THAT'S OLD!! :D (as long as my head will be full of greys when I grow older)

those are Phonak's she has.
:laugh2::D:laugh2::D

*removes my Manly Irish Kilt*

She is a He, who thinks nothing of wearing a Kilt. But a skirt is a whole another subject. :giggle:

My hearing aids are PowerMAXX 411s, by Phonak. My first and only pair of Digital Hearing Aids. Before these I was wearing Analogs. Been trying to get upgraded Hearing Aids since there has been major improvements over the last few years, but my Medical Insurance is being idiots and refuse to upgrade. They are over 7 years old now. Hopefully I'll have better luck next year.

According to the 'books' nothing but full shell for very profound loss will work. At severe to profound, a pressure vent can still be used so maybe that's why, people who are severe to profound can get away with skeleton earmolds but not someone who is very profound. My loss is all under 105db.

That is probably true if you have straight line loss. My loss is severe to profound, except in the low sounds. That is why they won't give me a full shell. I asked when I got my Q's. Even the skeleton molds were iffy for my loss. I do notice that I don't get as much bass sounds through with these.

That is probably true if you have straight line loss. My loss is severe to profound, except in the low sounds. That is why they won't give me a full shell. I asked when I got my Q's. Even the skeleton molds were iffy for my loss. I do notice that I don't get as much bass sounds through with these.

Not too sure how it all works but with the Target Software that does the Naida S and Naida Q states that people with low frequencies up to 95db can have a pressure vent added to their earmolds and it also gives the option for skeleton earmolds to use with the power slim tubes.

:laugh2::D:laugh2::D

*removes my Manly Irish Kilt*

She is a He, who thinks nothing of wearing a Kilt. But a skirt is a whole another subject. :giggle:

My hearing aids are PowerMAXX 411s, by Phonak. My first and only pair of Digital Hearing Aids. Before these I was wearing Analogs. Been trying to get upgraded Hearing Aids since there has been major improvements over the last few years, but my Medical Insurance is being idiots and refuse to upgrade. They are over 7 years old now. Hopefully I'll have better luck next year.

I'm hoping my Naidas are still going when they are over 7 years old like yours are now, lol :)

Has your Audi still got the software to program your HAs, I know a lot of Audi will get rid of software when the HAs are classes as old and some will refused to program them. Kinda hard if the Audi has got rid of the software and you need an adjustment, maybe your insurance company will pay then?! :P

Back