My name is Tomer, bilateral CI with problems.

Tomer

Reaction score
nevermind

Last edited:
Yes, lipreading is very tiring! That's why I use ASL.

Sign will.set you free tomer, no wires,no drills,
Sign
Will
Set
You
Free

Sign
Will
Set
You
Free

hoichi, I really think you ought to get a cochlear implant and stop using sign language. Cochlear implants are better and will. set. you. free. How about if you ever need a hip or knee replacement, you just go without? (so much better than having your hip or knee replaced by artificial metal)

Not a very nice or helpful thing for me to say to you, is it?

I said it to illustrate a point. Why do you constantly feel the need to hijack people's posts that aren't about sign language to try to convince them to learn sign language? I don't think it's very helpful. I doubt you'd appreciate it if in every thread you started here hearing people kept randomly suggesting that you get a cochlear implant instead of using ASL (which I don't see people doing to your threads, probably because that would be rude, but you don't seem to mind doing it to others).

This person posted about lipreading being tiring while he's waiting to get his cochlear implants upgraded/corrected. He's probably seeking feedback from others with cochlear implants to find out if they've had similar issues and how they've dealt with it. Also, how do you know he doesn't already know ASL? But regardless, unless the people he's trying to communicate with know ASL too (his Army colleagues, his family, friends, etc.), telling him using ASL to communicate will "set him free" isn't helpful at all. Since he's had cochlear implants for 17 years and is apparently going to continue with them, they're what he's chosen to use to communicate, so why can't you respect his choice and the topic of his thread, instead of suggesting that he learn a completely new language that may not be helpful in his particular situation (and which he may or may not want to learn)?

Last edited:
hoichi, I really think you ought to get a cochlear implant and stop using sign language. Cochlear implants are better and will. set. you. free. How about if you ever need a hip or knee replacement, you just go without? (so much better than having your hip or knee replaced by artificial metal)

Not a very nice or helpful thing for me to say to you, is it?

I said it to illustrate a point. Why do you constantly feel the need to hijack people's posts that aren't about sign language to try to convince them to learn sign language? I don't think it's very helpful. I doubt you'd appreciate it if in every thread you started here hearing people kept randomly suggesting that you get a cochlear implant instead of using ASL (which I don't see people doing to your threads, probably because that would be rude, but you don't seem to mind doing it to others).

This person posted about lipreading being tiring while he's waiting to get his cochlear implants upgraded/corrected. He's probably seeking feedback from others with cochlear implants to find out if they've had similar issues and how they've dealt with it. Also, how do you know he doesn't already know ASL? But regardless, unless the people he's trying to communicate with know ASL too (his Army colleagues, his family, friends, etc.), telling him using ASL to communicate will "set him free" isn't helpful at all. Since he's had cochlear implants for 17 years and is apparently going to continue with them, they're what he's chosen to use to communicate, so why can't you respect his choice and the topic of his thread, instead of suggesting that he learn a completely new language that may not be helpful in his particular situation (and which me may or may not want to learn)?
X2 on this. Maybe just start reporting every thread. The repeated comment makes me question Hoichi's age, intelligence and education or lack of it.

You are commenting when you know nothing about the person or their situation or background.

I am commenting with the same knowlege you or anyone else has of the poster. I only know what he posts.i read his op.
Note.
I did not say for him not to get a cochlear. I have simply offered an alternative. I shared my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I heve mine, you have yours. Its all cool in my eyes. I love a world with different opinions.its what makes.the word go.round in.my eyes. Sign set me free. So i offer it to others. Just like those who have cochlear. Wish to offer it to others.
the poster has had plms.with his implants. I have offered him what helped me.
Report me if you wish.
As for my intelegence and lack of it.
Yeah im real stupid, no doubt about that.
Of course i understand why some cant seem to fathom why a deaf guy like me, deaf school educated, gally hound, would promote ASL. Gosh, thats just crazy...
Next question

Well I don't know what his original problem was cuz you chased him off and obviously you didn't help him with his problem.

I am commenting with the same knowlege you or anyone else has of the poster. I only know what he posts.i read his op.
Note.
I did not say for him not to get a cochlear. I have simply offered an alternative. I shared my opinion, and opinions are like assholes, everyone has one. I heve mine, you have yours. Its all cool in my eyes. I love a world with different opinions.its what makes.the word go.round in.my eyes. Sign set me free. So i offer it to others. Just like those who have cochlear. Wish to offer it to others.
the poster has had plms.with his implants. I have offered him what helped me.
Report me if you wish.
As for my intelegence and lack of it.
Yeah im real stupid, no doubt about that.
Of course i understand why some cant seem to fathom why a deaf guy like me, deaf school educated, gally hound, would promote ASL. Gosh, thats just crazy...
Next question

hoichi, here's what you said (copied from my earlier post):
"Originally Posted by hoichi
Sign
Will
Set
You
Free"
What you said implies that you think he shouldn't get a cochlear implant (because there would be no wires or drills).

ASL may be great for you, but as I said, it doesn't allow Deaf people to communicate with 99% of people who don't know ASL, so unless he wants to learn a completely new language and stop being able to talk to almost everyone he now needs to talk tothrough hearing/speech, ASL isn't going to set him free and isn't a helpful suggestion for his particular situation.

If this were a forum for people who own cars, motorcycles, etc., and he was a guy with 3 kids who was having problems with his SUV and you told him to get a motorcycle instead because you thought motorcycles were a better more fuel efficient form of transportation, that wouldn't be a helpful for this particular guy, because he's also got 3 kids who wouldn't be able to travel with him together on the motorcycle. To be helpful and thoughtful, a suggestion needs to consider the entire situation, otherwise the idea can come across as foolish.

You promoting ASL and having your own opinion is great, but when you keep saying that in threads without really paying attention to whether it actually makes sense for a particular person's situation/issue, then you aren't showing respect/consideration for them and their specific problem or question. You sound like you care more about promoting ASL (your personal agenda) than listening to what the other person is really saying or needing help with.

Crickets
No. What i said It implies exactly what it says. He was having allot of plms with yoir messiah technology. I offered him a superior technology. One that has no wires, no need for drills. ASl., he is having plms, those plms do not exist in ASL

Language indeed will set him free.language and thE mastery of it embodies the very essence of what it is to be human. All your fancy toys, and robot dreams area fickle things compared to our ability to learn and use languge. Yes god forbid one has to learn a new language... gosh the horror!!
Compared to the cochlear horror show frankly.im offering him something so much more...
Sign, very much wiL set him, and you free.
its yours for the taking...
Then again i recognize for most these dsys the drill is the easier bargain.
Cool

Well I don't know what his original problem was cuz you chased him off and obviously you didn't help him with his problem.

I didnt chase anyone off, this is a deaf forum for heavens sake, if this guy gets chased off, by a deaf person, me, due to posting about our language, sign, then clearly he has other issues besides cochlear ones.

I didnt chase anyone off, this is a deaf forum for heavens sake, if this guy gets chased off, by a deaf person, me, due to posting about our language, sign, then clearly he has other issues besides cochlear ones.

No, this is the Hearing Aid and Cochlear Implant board...

Crickets
No. What i said It implies exactly what it says. He was having allot of plms with yoir messiah technology. I offered him a superior technology. One that has no wires, no need for drills. ASl., he is having plms, those plms do not exist in ASL

Language indeed will set him free.language and thE mastery of it embodies the very essence of what it is to be human. All your fancy toys, and robot dreams area fickle things compared to our ability to learn and use languge. Yes god forbid one has to learn a new language... gosh the horror!!
Compared to the cochlear horror show frankly.im offering him something so much more...
Sign, very much wiL set him, and you free.
its yours for the taking...
Then again i recognize for most these dsys the drill is the easier bargain.
Cool

But what you told him is not true. ASL isn't superior to using cochlear implants just because no wires or drilling is involved. Wires and drilling and artificial equipment are involved in lots of other surgical procedures such as dentistry/implants/braces; hip/knee replacements; spinal surgery; helping fractures to heal, etc. That's modern medicine, not "robot dreams" or messiah technology." Your statements verge on the ridiculous.

Sure, the problems he's having don't exist with ASL, but ASL isn't going to help him communicate with 99% of the population who doesn't know ASL, and that's a huge problem. Learning ASL doesn't help people who need to be able to communicate with the vast majority of other people. Learning ASL is going to be completely useless to someone if no one around them also knows that language. I could start learning Russian today, but you know why I don't? Because I don't know anyone else who speaks Russian. My family doesn't speak it, and neither does anyone else I communicate with on a daily basis. Learning ASL for most hoh people or late-deafened people is about as useful as learning any other language that almost no one around them uses.

ASL is a great language for Deaf people to use to communicate with other Deaf people, or for hearing people to use to communicate with the Deaf people in their lives, but in my experience it's useless for just about everyone else. That's just reality.

But what you told him is not true. ASL isn't superior to using cochlear implants

Oh yes it is. Very much so.it can be used in more enviroments, it doesnt need any arrificial power, no maintinence, no doctors, no drills, no wires, it costs almost nothing.to aquire save your effort and time...doesnt need.to be replaed. It is very much a superior technology. In every way shape and form.

because no wires or drilling is involved. Wires and drilling and artificial equipment are involved in lots of other surgical procedures such as dentistry/implants/braces; hip/knee replacements; spinal surgery; helping fractures to heal, etc. That's modern medicine, not "robot dreams" or messiah technology." Your statements verge on the ridiculous.
All those other surgicsl procedures you mention sre not targeting deaf babies to change them into hesring onea, and strip them of there culture by denying them their language. Sign.
Tell you what. The minute mutlinational cochlear inplant.conpanies stop targeting deaf babies with there frankensien tech, will be the minute i shut up about sign bieng a superior technology and how signwill indeed set you free?
i wouldnt hold your breath..

bSure, the problems he's having don't exist with ASL, but ASL isn't going to help him communicate with 99% of the population who doesn't know ASL, and that's a huge problem. Learning ASL doesn't help people who need to be able to communicate with the vast majority of other people. Learning ASL is going to be completely useless to someone if no one around them also knows that language.

Has worked for me just fine....deafies are all over, further now with the net and cell phones its allot easier. i dont buy your b.s. all it is is frankly bieng lazy..

b I could start learning Russian today, but you know why I don't? Because I don't know anyone else who speaks Russian. My family doesn't speak it, and neither does anyone else I communicate with on a daily basis. Learning ASL for most hoh people or late-deafened people is about as useful as learning any other language that almost no one around them uses.

You can find peoplw who use asl. We are all over, once you learn it yiu csn teach others arouns you. oh that. Too much effort i Get it.
Cant you see its not just about the end user. Cochlear implants are not just about if you can listen to ozzy osborn and have a good time. For every succsesfull implant, that money goes into companies who.are pushing these things on deaf babies, by cohersion and in even some nations governments r now forcing them. Along with this these companies.push that these babies do not get exposed to sign sobthey do not revert back to bieng deaf. Your just comminf across as a first world person un aware or not concerned that others r greatly effected by oir neat fancy toys...most of which come from awful womrring conditions. But as long as the first world gets our kicks...who the the hell cares right. As long as you can hear, deaf babies and sign be damned.
Got it.
You need to become aware there is . History with this techbology. Yiu need to be aware for every succsesfull implant and maricle stories, there is one less baby being exposes to sign, our language, our culture is direcly effected in a negative way by your support of these things. Then again no suprise. These multinational companies Come. by it honesty. We deaf are looked as defective. In need of a cure. So every dsmn chance i get, ill offer the bwtter technology...oir sign

ASL is a great language for Deaf people to use to communicate with other Deaf people, or for hearing people to use to communicate with the Deaf people in their lives, but in my experience it's useless for just about everyone else. That's just reality.
Hearie have used it its for everyone. its just allot more money in drilling holes in babies heads then.in promoting the superior technology
Sign

hoichi
If language is so easy to learn, how come you never learned to write in standard English?

i notice lots of Deaf people dont leave if someone insults Deaf people while others who are unfamiliar with ASL, get offended and leave fast. why is that?

Back