My map, problem

radka73

Reaction score
I want to ask, what do you think of this map.
Moje%20mapa.jpg

Thresholds T are artificially reduced - no determinable
When the exact settings - CPU growls - a phenomenon with which we face from the beginning.
Increased thresholds for electrodes C el 1, el 2, el 3 - on the edge slightly. Originally set below the threshold

hearing - noise restrictions.

Thresholds T are still artificially set, measured as unusable, too narrow dynamic range and growl.

And my audiogram:
Muj%20audiogram%20brezen%202012.jpg

Implantation performed in June last year, at the age of 37 years. Activation processor N5 in July last year. The map is done in January this year.

It is not too far off from mine, in fact my audiologist said most people's maps show those first three electrodes up there. I've had electrode #3 turned off while wearing the Freedom as it was uncomfortable.

Setting engineer do an analysis of this problem:

It shows me one thing - that in the basal cochlea
there is a group of nerve fibers, Ketra has a problem. It's nothing unusual. It is part of the cochlea,
enter through which sound waves (ie, noise is more exposed - and from hearing aids) and where to get infections easily.
After some time, will stimulate their fatigue and distort information about sounds. In similar cases, the
I met, but it is happening now or with a small distance from the start of stimulation.
Now the question is how to build it. Be the channels shut down completely and do in the future without them,
or continue to stimulate and subliminally, from time to time to test whether the influence of stimulation occurred at least
partial recovery. It may be that there will be a "transition zone" - neither good nor bad - so I would
was alert and in programming channels 4 to 6

Personally, in that I do not believe the second option. Channels 1 to 3 would shut down and concentrated on the right programming
those remaining. I would do small and local changes and I would always wait for it, what effect have in everyday life.

Back