My latest poem

icecl_out1

Reaction score
Here is one of my latest poems I have written....let me know what you think.

Swimming In My Own Guilt

She gives me the stare,
her green eyes telling me I’ve done wrong.
As she peers into my soul,
she makes me think about what’s going on.

Our fights and our arguments,
ruining the great relationship we’ve built.
For once silence as I sit here thinking what I’ve done,
swimming in my own guilt.

Was it worth it?
She asks through anger and tears,
Was that one night of messing around and cheating,
worth losing what me and you have developed throughout the years?

As she walked out the door
I hung my head in shame and knelt,
crying, knowing for the rest of my life,
I’d be swimming in my own guilt.

icecl_out1

That's pretty deep and a sure-fire heartbreaker...they say ya can't change the hands of time in the past or what's done, but, ya sure can PREVENT such occurrences from taking place by keeping love truly cherishable, honest and faithfully!

A good and well written poem! :thumb:

Roadrunner said:
icecl_out1

That's pretty deep and a sure-fire heartbreaker...they say ya can't change the hands of time in the past or what's done, but, ya sure can PREVENT such occurrences from taking place by keeping love truly cherishable, honest and faithfully!

A good and well written poem! :thumb:

Roadrunner~

Thanks so much for your thoughts on my poem and the compliment...:D...I just like having an outsiders view on my poems. I mean to me they're good but i want to know what others think. so yeah thanks for your opinions. I am actually thinking of entering this poem into a contest. wish me luck.

icecl_out1 said:
Roadrunner~

Thanks so much for your thoughts on my poem and the compliment...:D...I just like having an outsiders view on my poems. I mean to me they're good but i want to know what others think. so yeah thanks for your opinions. I am actually thinking of entering this poem into a contest. wish me luck.

*wishes you luck* :thumb: :applause: :giggle:
Your poem is so, way better than mine! :bowdown:

:thumb: The one month annv. you wrote for Brit, awesome job on that! But the poem u just wrote "swimming...", thats really good. But Brit, your good also. U both are meant to be poetic. :D

Back