My hearing Aid just died on me!!

Googoosh

Reaction score
I feel sad to see my hearing aid conked out. I have been using Phonak Claro for the past 12 years. For the past few weeks, the performance started to worsen with the batteries dying out in 4 days on full day's usage when it should have been 20 days! Now, the hearing aid is completely dead today.
I am a bit worried on how am I gonna manage myself at work and my German classes. Damn, Such a bad time to conk out. I have been planning to buy a new hearing aid for sometime but kept putting it off due cause the hearing aids in India is pretty expensive. I was wondering if it's possible to repair a really old hearing aid? I hate visiting my audiologist cause I am sure he will recommend an expensive hearing aid.
If I have to buy a new hearing aid, what would be the best hearing aid models to look out for? I have been profound deaf in the right ear and moderate to severe deaf in the left ear since when I was 3 years old.
Thanks & Regards....

You should call your audiologist thy my have HA you use until you get a new one.

definitely do see if it's possible to get a loaner from your audiologist to help you get through your classes and job.

Claro.. I had one of those, was my first digital hearing aid. I think I even still have it somewhere. I've since upgraded to the Supero, and then the Naida (I've stuck it out with phonak's all this time). Hope you can figure out something!

I feel sad to see my hearing aid conked out. I have been using Phonak Claro for the past 12 years. For the past few weeks, the performance started to worsen with the batteries dying out in 4 days on full day's usage when it should have been 20 days! Now, the hearing aid is completely dead today.
I am a bit worried on how am I gonna manage myself at work and my German classes. Damn, Such a bad time to conk out. I have been planning to buy a new hearing aid for sometime but kept putting it off due cause the hearing aids in India is pretty expensive. I was wondering if it's possible to repair a really old hearing aid? I hate visiting my audiologist cause I am sure he will recommend an expensive hearing aid.
If I have to buy a new hearing aid, what would be the best hearing aid models to look out for? I have been profound deaf in the right ear and moderate to severe deaf in the left ear since when I was 3 years old.
Thanks & Regards....

This place takes any age hearing aids no matter where you are in the world. My friend in Australia sent it here because she couldn't get it repaired in Australia and it came back working like brand new.

Hearing Aid Repair Shop can repair any model and any make of hearing aid

I've also used this place as well.

If there is no other place to get it repaired then you may as well try this place. It's also cheap compared to what my audiologist will charge.

This place takes any age hearing aids no matter where you are in the world. My friend in Australia sent it here because she couldn't get it repaired in Australia and it came back working like brand new.

Hearing Aid Repair Shop can repair any model and any make of hearing aid

I've also used this place as well.

If there is no other place to get it repaired then you may as well try this place. It's also cheap compared to what my audiologist will charge.

Thank you, this is really helpful. :ty:

Back