My Great Aunt

From #15 to #20 posts, thank you a many for humanely comments. I really appreciate it. :grouphug:

Punky, I will PM you soon. I can't post a comment here about her age, due to my other family's pravicy so..

Updated - December 13, 2008

Hey friends -

I nearly forget to tell you guys something.

I can't go to see my great aunt for several reasons: 1) money problems, 2) I think she's in a rehab clinic at country but hotels are too far from her place (like 2 to 3 hours), and 3) there is a risky snow since it is a country has a small number of streets. Keep that mind, she and her family are from the Eastern of USA. So, I dropped out. =/

But only one thing I can is just send her a Christmas card. Oh, well. :ugh3:

oh no! hang in there! i hope you get to see her soon

Yeah, I hope too.. I'll try figure it out a little later or so, due to my money.

Gee. You are not alone. I know how hard it is. My grandmother had one, too. I think that you might want to ask your mother to let your grandaunt to live with your family at your house so that she would feel more comfortable.

Many nursing homes are the worst because some medicines (i.e. Hal) cause their elder patients to wipe out their mind to stop complaining everyday. The nurses have no patience to deal with their complaints. That's the reality. I found out about it after she took the pill. I can't believe it. I personally was so mad about it.

We decided and took care of my grandmother at my house for two years. It was a sad at the end. But, I am pretty sure that she wanted to say thank us to have her in our house.

:ty: Sara and Zack

webexplorer said:
Gee. You are not alone. I know how hard it is. My grandmother had one, too. I think that you might want to ask your mother to let your grandaunt to live with your family at your house so that she would feel more comfortable.

It would be nice but I don't want to live so far away from my family. I already lived with my roomates recurrently. But, hopefully, someday I would see her again. :)

Many nursing homes are the worst because some medicines (i.e. Hal) cause their elder patients to wipe out their mind to stop complaining everyday. The nurses have no patience to deal with their complaints. That's the reality. I found out about it after she took the pill. I can't believe it. I personally was so mad about it.

Yeah, true... As a former dishwasher, I used to work at rehab clinic for nearly three years and I witnessed it too. I was pretty disappointed that some staffs didnt take care of my mom in a proper way after her car accident on March 29, 2007. At the least, I know what will be next if it happens to me. =/

We decided and took care of my grandmother at my house for two years. It was a sad at the end. But, I am pretty sure that she wanted to say thank us to have her in our house.

I'm sorry for your loss :hug: At the least, she's now at peace and I agreed with what you said.

She died two days ago... My grandfather called my mom last night, and then she informed me this morning when I woke up.

:(

I am sorry to hear that, KarissaMann05. Let yourself grieve. It takes time. :hug:

Karissa, I am sorry to hear about this. Hugs to you!!

She died two days ago... My grandfather called my mom last night, and then she informed me this morning when I woke up.

:(

You have my sincerest condolences, KarissaMann. Loss is always hard, but I know that your strong faith will see you through the hardest parts.:hug:

I'm sorry to hear about your great aunt. :hug: Was she your grandfather's sister?

I'm sorry to hear this, too. My condolences, Karissa. She must have had quite the strength to hang on almost 3 years after you first posted about her here.

May you and your family find comfort and solace in each other as you grieve.

Back