My friend has MRSA!

Am sorry to know your friend has this, my thoughts and prayers for your friend to overcome it--

In the meantime, thread will be 'sticky' for the time being--.

~RR

Oh no!!! Your friend has MRSA. *sigh* I am sorry to hear about your friend.
I will pray for her, so I hope, she become health.

What a scary, yet worrying time for her parents and friends to undergo as she fights for her life. I hope she'll win the battle without serious side effects.

Keep us updated on her progress.

I am sorry about your friend. I hope that your friend feel better soon as possible.

Sue, how is your friend doing? Hope she is doing better.

Any updates? In the meantime, hoping that your friend's pulling through and well on her way to recovery. :)

~RR

Update!

I was wrong. The friend, who I thought had it, had a death in the family. I believe it was her dad.

I was wrong. The friend, who I thought had it, had a death in the family. I believe it was her dad.
I am at loss here, u mean your friend did not has MRSA? I am sorry about the loss in her family.

It is actually bacteria, not virus. It is becoming more and more prevelant especially in the hospitals where patients who go in for a different problem end up acquiring the infection due to exposure to the bacteria and having preexisting illness and suppressed immune system.

Ahh, right. If it is bacteria, the doctor will give you something for it. If it is virus, the doctor is not able to give you antibodies for it. Right???

MRSA is resistant to most medication. It is a bacteria that is very resistance to most modern medication. It is hard to get rid of but if the person has a strong immune system it should not be life threatening. One of the signs of MRSA is boils popping up in different places on your body and seems like you get one after another. Have a friend whose child had it. It is very contagious. Most people get it from prisions, daycares, hospitals, anyplace with alot of close contacts.

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My brother was in the hospital for a couple weeks last month with MRSA. It ate away at his face. He had already been to the hospital a few weeks prior with a boil on his face, but they never bothered to test or treat him for MRSA until it invaded his bloodstream and he became extremely ill. My brother is not a dirty person, so don't think he got it from lack of cleanliness. It doesn't seem to matter how much a person washes their hands. If you are exposed to it, you can get it. My brother is in chiropractic college and I am sure that is where he got it.

Doesn't mean you are dirty it means the person came it contact with someone that has it. It is highly contagious it is why prisons, daycares, schools and even hospitals are a breeding ground for MRSA

Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My brother was in the hospital for a couple weeks last month with MRSA. It ate away at his face. He had already been to the hospital a few weeks prior with a boil on his face, but they never bothered to test or treat him for MRSA until it invaded his bloodstream and he became extremely ill. My brother is not a dirty person, so don't think he got it from lack of cleanliness. It doesn't seem to matter how much a person washes their hands. If you are exposed to it, you can get it. My brother is in chiropractic college and I am sure that is where he got it.
I'm so sorry for your brother. How is he now?

he's fine, but he has a hole in his face now and he is still pretty weak.

he's fine, but he has a hole in his face now and he is still pretty weak.
Will he be able to get reconstructive surgery for his face?

I hope he soon regains his full strength. I will pray for him.

Back