My first

FeistyChick

Reaction score
plane trip is this friday since my CI implant back in january! i am a bit nervous! :Ohno:

should i expect anything like the alarm going off when i through security?
will i feel pain/pressure when we take off/are in the air/or when we land?
ETC...................

please advise as i have 2 more days left! :shock:

Just let them know you have an implant and it may set the detectors off. Typically, they will wand you instead and you should be good to go.

As far as air pressure goes when going up and down in the air, just chew gum and you shouldn't have any problems. This is assuming you don't normally have problems to begin with...:D

I rode the plane twice to FL. Just let them know and they will let you go. I went toFL at the beginning of this march and it didn't set off the Alarm. But Last year it did. and I was hand searched. But no big deal. Just let them do their job and move on.

I've flown 4 times since getting my implant and I've never set off the metal detectors. I explain prior to going through security that I have a CI- and if they wish to examine the external processor that's fine but it can't go through the x-ray machine because static buildup can potentially wipe the programs - it won't hurt the processor itself, but you'd have to have somebody re-install all your maps!! Walking through the metal detector itself poses no threat to the processor, nor maps.

Hope you have a great flight! The last time I flew, it was SO crowded ( and noisy) in the waiting area that I was afraid I might miss the call to board, so I mentioned to the front counter that I was deaf, and to please let me know when it was time to board (as I've done for more than 20 years, out of habit.) To my surprise, I was bumped up to first class!! It was the first time ever and it was quite a lovely experience.

plane trip is this friday since my CI implant back in january! i am a bit nervous! :Ohno:

should i expect anything like the alarm going off when i through security?
will i feel pain/pressure when we take off/are in the air/or when we land?
ETC...................

please advise as i have 2 more days left! :shock:

Leave your CI on, just carry your CI card with your boarding pass and walk through.. if it goes off hand the boarding pass AND CI CARD and still they will wand you.

If it does not goes off, then the security will just want the boarding pass to make sure you are allowed to go in the restricted area.

First time I did try to tell the security by showing him the CI card, he waved me off. what's important, did it go off or not.. just have the card and ticket(boarding pass) handy in your hands as you walk thru.

I've flown from Australia to England and back with no problems. On the way there I told everyone I had a CI and they wanded me but on the way back I didn't bother and still had no problems.

Just let them know you have an implant and it may set the detectors off. Typically, they will wand you instead and you should be good to go.

As far as air pressure goes when going up and down in the air, just chew gum and you shouldn't have any problems. This is assuming you don't normally have problems to begin with...:D

they didn't wand me... they "padded" me down with their hands in latex gloves! :eek3:

i am so ticklish... that i had to keep from "giggling" :o

but it was an interesting experience cuz they all knew what a CI was! IMPRESSIVE!!! :D so the moment i let them know, they told everyone to "take care of me CAREFULLY" :giggle: as if i was fragile??? :lol:
they were wonderful with me! WHEW!!!

Back