My first video

marcyp06

Reaction score
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI5q5DEWRAI]YouTube - What You Came For by Molly Cottrell in PSE/ASL[/ame]

Im not a big fan of ASL signed music on Youtube because I feel that it can really butcher the beauty of the language. At the same time I do respect the need of ASL students and other to practice in order to improve! Its a thin line.
This song was written and performed by my friend Molly Cottrell. her album is available on iTunes and Amazon, and it is fantastic. Im in love with this song and wanted to pick a song to sign that wasnt online already.
My goal is that as I start formal ASL classes that I will improve and be able to use this song kind of as a "before and after" experiment and someday be able to translate it into full ASL rather than the PSE style I am currently using.

Here are original lyrics:

I hope you got what you came for. I hope you found that and then some. I keep a lock on my door. These days nobody knows where they came from.

I want to say i'm okay. I want to say im fine. But all I do is walk in circles. All I do, all the time.

I told you not to follow, cuz I am walking blind. It takes a lot of courage to leave the past behind.

I want to say i'm okay. I want to say im fine. But all I do is walk in circles. All I do, all the time.

I've got so many things to say. But i'd rather say them as you walk away. Only if you promise not to stay. Cuz its so much easier that way.

Hello, how are you today? I hope you're feeling fine. I want you to come out and play; I want you all the time. I hope you keep me guessin. I hope im never sure. I hope you know my expectations or what you thought they were.

You've got a lot of swagger, you talk a lot of talk. Only till you see another walking on your side of the sidewalk. I hope im wrong about you cuz you know I think you're fine. But all you do is walk in circles. All you do, all the time.

I've got so many things to say. But i'd rather say them as you walk away. Only if you promise not to stay. Cuz its so much easier that way.

And when you call my name I will not be the same, i've got myself to blame. Cant put it all on you, ive gotta pay my dues for the wrongs I choose.

I've got so many things to say. But i'd rather, id rather, say them as you walk away. Only if you promise not to stay. Cuz its so much easier that way.

Back