My first vector drawing -- Samantha Manson fan art!

gnulinuxman

Reaction score
Well, I tried to draw my favorite cartoon character, the very beautiful Sam Manson, from scratch using Inkscape, a vector graphics illustrator for Linux. I'm pleased with how beautifully it turned out.

(Yes, this is the girl in my avatar pic. No, I'm not gay... :P ) My fiancee loved this, so I'm sharing it with you.

The PNG version is the version everybody should be able to see, and the ZIP contains the vector version of it.

Comments welcome, good or bad...

(I have this on deviantArt here: http://www.deviantart.com/view/33788801/ )

Attachments

• Sam.png
    Sam.png
    78.4 KB · Views: 25
  • sam-svg.zip
    5.7 KB · Views: 4
Cool ! That's very NICE ! I love to see people drawin' their own arts. I am very pleased to see some deafies DO have their own talents. WTG, girl ! :thumb: Keep it up ! ;)

CyberRed said:
Cool ! That's very NICE ! I love to see people drawin' their own arts. I am very pleased to see some deafies DO have their own talents. WTG, girl ! :thumb: Keep it up ! ;)
Well, thanks for the comment, but:

1. I'm a GUY. Yeah, a guy whose fave cartoon is a girl....
2. I'm hearing. But please don't let that discourage you because I feel closer to deafies than hearies. Dunno why. I am fluent in ASL and am about to marry a deaf woman (who is also a fanatic of this same cartoon character). She does have her own fan art (and I'll encourage her to post it...AGAIN...). Most of my friends are deaf women, too.

I do have to say that she (my fiancee) inspired me to start drawing.

gnulinuxman said:
Well, thanks for the comment, but:

1. I'm a GUY. Yeah, a guy whose fave cartoon is a girl....
2. I'm hearing. But please don't let that discourage you because I feel closer to deafies than hearies. Dunno why. I am fluent in ASL and am about to marry a deaf woman (who is also a fanatic of this same cartoon character). She does have her own fan art (and I'll encourage her to post it...AGAIN...). Most of my friends are deaf women, too.

I do have to say that she (my fiancee) inspired me to start drawing.

Whoops ! Now, I am embarrassed for sayin' you are a girl ! Gee - pardon me ! :Oops:
Yeah, thanks for bein' honest about yourself that you are a male. Whew ! Now, I know ! :lol:
Please, show your woman her art, when she can. :D

( I couldn't believe it for sayin' that you are a girl. Yikes ! )

CyberRed said:
Whoops ! Now, I am embarrassed for sayin' you are a girl ! Gee - pardon me ! :Oops:
Yeah, thanks for bein' honest about yourself that you are a male. Whew ! Now, I know ! :lol:
Please, show your woman her art, when she can. :D

( I couldn't believe it for sayin' that you are a girl. Yikes ! )
Don't worry about it. In a weird sort of way, it felt good...it reminds me I'm still myself. ;)

gnulinuxman said:
Don't worry about it. In a weird sort of way, it felt good...it reminds me I'm still myself. ;)

Good - that's good to know ! :) By the way, welcome aboard ! Do hope that you enjoy this site ! :D

Good start....need to practice more with pen tool to make more nice curve instead lot of straight simple line.

Keep up!

I didnt really like the Danny Phantom show, but for some reason I did like that girl and she's pretty cool in some ways lol the black dude with glasses is a total nerd and Danny acts like he's important and all bleh so I like the girl since she does have a cool personality and all so I admire your art work on this. great job.

Steel X said:
I didnt really like the Danny Phantom show, but for some reason I did like that girl and she's pretty cool in some ways lol the black dude with glasses is a total nerd and Danny acts like he's important and all bleh so I like the girl since she does have a cool personality and all so I admire your art work on this. great job.
OMG!! Someone who feels the same way about the show that I do?! :shock:

The thing I don't like about Danny is how mean he is to her.

:D

gnulinuxmangnulinuxgeek8vi.jpg

Back