My first time

JAMES09

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a Dr's appointment & for the first time in my life I had to use an interpreter... I was both so scared & relieved at the same time...

See I used to be the interpreter, so for me to have to sit there & watch her, was very hard for me. I was scared that maybe I wasn't getting everything she was signing or that the Dr. was saying...when it was over, I had to ask my friend about the things I missed, which turns out, I didn't miss much. That is when the relief set in...even tho it has been 9 yrs of being cancer free, it is still hard for me to ask for an interpreter...maybe as I use this service more, those feelings will go away(I hope).

I've seen his other posts without having to move back six feet. But thanks for the info - I hadn't thought of that.

Possible he has vision problems. There are several blind on AD. I know you meant no harm. I don't know about James.

:wave: True! I can see James post very well. And I am glad you beat your cancer too, James.

Really glad you're cancer free!

Don't be afraid of having to ask for an interpreter, any kind of communication is very viable to you right now.

To others: It's also very possible he has a vision problem so I wouldn't complain too much. Let's be accommodating!

Back