My first Captionfirst real time captioning test run. (Awesome service)

RonJaxon

Reaction score
In this post I made last week I asked if anyone had any experience with a service provided by Captionfirst.com. No one seemed to know about it so I decided to try it out and I'm very happy with it.

Let me explain the service you'll see in the below video. I watched a live online broadcast. In other words it's not a recorded video. I'm watching it in real time as it's happening (Like a webcam). I scheduled a time for the captionfirst.com service to provide real time captioning of this live broadcast. So as I'm watching they send me captioning of the live show I'm watching in real time. It works kind of like a TTY relay operator. The service listens in and sends me the captioning as text that I can view by going to a provided URL address.

So what you'll see in this video is two browser windows. On top is the live broadcast and on the bottom is another browser window that displays the real time captioning.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXJlz4hz918"]Click here to see the youtube video of my first test run.[/ame]
(I only recorded a few seconds of it so I can show you all what it looks like).

You can use this service for just about anything you'd want to have closed captioned in real time. For example imaging you have a business meeting, a class room, a lecture, a show, a movie, a play. This seervice can be used to give you real time captioning.

For example imagine you have a business meeting at 4pm. You can set up the service to begins at that time and they can listen in to your meeting. You'd read what's being said in your meeting on a computer. They have a variety of ways to listen in such as by phone or internet microphone. They also have services for large groups. For example the captioning can be projected on a screen for an entire room to see.

I know I'm sounding like I'm pushing this service and in a way I am because I just found it and I'm very excited about it. But I have no affiliate with them. All I've done is tried it once and I love it. So I thought I'd spread the word.

yes they're pretty good. My brother used it for phone interview with major corporations like IBM and UBS. They paid for it. The delay is very very very very minimal.

Back