My first break up

Steel X

Reaction score
Hey ADers,

I know I didnt tell you guys about me having a g/f, but of course I did...and I was too busy to tell you that..but anyway, if you want me to hear you a story, then listen up, ladies and gentelmen.

I've met a very incredible nice and funny person since high school, and I've asked her to the prom, and she said yes but then I was like a happy freak all month until she told me she can't because of our age...she was in 10th grade and I was in 12th. But the actual cause is that her stepmother controls everything in her life...her hobbies, her personality, her taste, etc...because she wants her to be exactly like her stepmother, who practically dates guys her own race. Yes, she's black and I'm white but who gives a fuck? only her stepmother did and she sure was a hyprocrite. I never met her though.

One year later after my graduation, she still has my phone number, my address, my e-mail, everything after one whole year without seeing eachother and just around mid July, she asked if I'm free and could go out with her or whatever like that and it was actually my first date with her and it went pretty well, actually. my first real kiss and everything...it was pretty cool.

Just after afew more dates, things were getting out of control because she kept asking for money and starts having attiude problems, etc...and I was worried that if it keeps up, there may be no way that I could survive the relationship with leslie. alot of people tells me that she's kind of crazy and hits on all white guys in the school and shit like that...she NEVER has any money of her own, and she doesn't have a job yet but she is old enough to get one now. she's 17 and I'll be 20 this october. I'm still searching for a job and it is indeed pretty difficult but there's a new shopping center opening up near my house and I already got some applications signed there anyway...

Anyway, I do love her dearly and she is definetly very important to me and all, but I just can't stand it when she kept asking me for money and I get broke alot of times and my friends tell me she is taking advage of me, using me to buy her things...what she needs and what she wants, etc...and I'm only just doing it because I'm nice.

One day we got into a nasty fight and it wasn't pretty...around noon we went to blockbuster to rent a movie, and she wanted to rent "barber shop 2" so then you know her TV with captions doesn't work...and she has a computer next to the TV that can play DVDs and oblviously will work with showing subtitles because a friggin computer has EVERYTHING! anyway, she complained that the monitor is too small and her family don't get used to watching movies that has subtitles and then we kept arguing that I deserve the respect to watch it because i'm the one WHO paid for it! But anyway, just after that nasty fight, I wrote a long letter and I mean LONG! long letter telling her exactly what I feel about her and that I don't think we were right for eachother and shit like that...then she got pissed at what I said. I never said we should break up but I just said we should only take time and space from eachother for awhile and then just after a week, I asked her if she've given any thought about us yet and she said she's still thinking...and my friends tell me that if she is still thinking, then it's a sign that my relationship has been put to an end. They tell me to forget her and move on but I dont want to do that because I'm trying to work it out with her. I was only telling her the truth...not tryin to break her heart! certainly I said alot of cussing in the letter but still, I was only trying to be honest.

A week and ahalf later, after I've went back to college and have some assassignment to do in my photography class, and I called leslie on the relay service if I can come over and take some pictures and stuff like that, she said fine but said not to take any pictures of her cousins or her anything inside the house...I dont see whats the big deal of that but I guess her relatives are still mad at me for breaking up with her but it was a misunderstanding...I never said that we should break up but just said we need some time apart..sheesh. After I was done taking the pictures, she said that she has to go somewhere and so I was on the way, but then I shake hands with her aunt and uncle telling them see ya later and then I tried to hug leslie but she wanted a handshake instead...and then I walked out and drove back home and then talked to her on relay service again and told her why she rejected the hug from me, etc...said she's not comfortable about it because of the letter...and I told her to make up her mind...and she tells me that it is inapporiate to tell a girl to make up her mind about the relationship...well she already felt uncomfortable giving me a hug so what does that mean? it proably means she doesn't like me anymore but then she tells me that she already has a b/f at school and didn't even bother to tell me that already...I was so mad that I just cut off and went back to her house and got my movies she borrowed from me back...and then when I got here, she threw the movies in my truck and then walked away, and I dash out of here but then I changed my mind and turned around, asking her to get inside my truck and take her to her cousin's place while we talk.

I tell her that I do indeed make alot of mistakes and say alot of ugly things and hurt other people that I care about...and that I have a reason of writing the letter...because I was only trying to show her how exactly I feel about her...etc...and she tells me that she doesn't date jackass who acts immature and barks at dogs and shit like that...but then why would she be immature too anyway? she was the one who gave me the bird after we find out that subtitles would oblviously work on her computer and she acts like she doesnt want to watch it with subtitles anyway...then why would she bother dating a deaf guy?? and she was the one who called me the worst driver ever after I was helping her take some boxes to her new apartment, and I was actually new to the apartments and I did get lost but hey I'm human and I always try to find the best way to get to places in time. she acts like I shouldn't drive at all and gets to her place late and shit like that but dammit I can't drive THAT fast and is trying to be a safe driver and shit.

She told me not to call, not to write, or even come over by surprise at her apartment anymore...and then well, thats when I really cried...yeah I dont even remember the last time I cried...breaking up with a girl that I really cared for and thought that she showed the world to me...you know? she's like everything to me and all...and then she stopped talking and then gave me a hug while I was still brawling and told her that I wanted to fix our mistakes and try to make things better to improve our relationship and stuff like that...

She said that the only way to make up for our mess is to become friends and I said okay that we can be friends for now...she knows that I do really love her but I just dont know if she really understands about the mess she was actually causing...but I dont care anyway because I think being friends is better for now...

she tells me that she doesn't really have a REAL b/f but she did kiss him and stuff...but I dont really care anymore since she said we can still hang out and stuff. my brother thinks she was lying about having a b/f at school because she just wants to make me feel bad or whatever like that.

We've finally made up, and she told me to call her again this weekend and we may do some things we normally do when we were a couple...go to the movies, play pool, eat out, etc...so I'm just glad that she would give me a chance to see her again and all so I dont know if we would ever be back together or not but if she wants to be back together, then just one FINAL chance would be enough...but I'm gonna be patient and let her decide about us later on.

Do you think it was fair that we are friends now? some people tells me that it's proably not a good idea to be friends with someone after you break up because they proably would beg you back and then use you again and shit like that...but I just hope leslie won't do that anymore after we are friends now and if it goes well, we might be back together so I dunno but just have to take time for now.

I just want her to be happy, thats all.

So what do you think of my story so far?

(obliviously this is the longest post I've ever posted in a long time lol)

I think space needs a time... would be great...
If not work.. btw still going be friend.. still counts. :)

No offense, but this girl you're dealing with sounds like the ghetto type, the kind who carries a "Treat me right, I stay in sight. Treat me wrong, I move along" attitude. In this case, you got to please her in every way, like buy her stuff all the time, or it's the highway. Sounds selfish to me, not the type of girl you would want to make a commitment with.

I understand you have feelings for this girl and you, obviously, care a lot for her. But if she's not going to treat you the same way, why waste your time and energy over this one girl when there are other chicks out there that want a man like you? At least don't do a lot for her, don't spend too much on her, just...tap it and leave. :giggle:

Seriously, though, I hope you realize soon that maybe you should just remain friends with her. Take her out on a date every once in a while, ok, but don't take her seriously, man. It's not worth it, trust me.

Alex said:
No offense, but this girl you're dealing with sounds like the ghetto type, the kind who carries a "Treat me right, I stay in sight. Treat me wrong, I move along" attitude. In this case, you got to please her in every way, like buy her stuff all the time, or it's the highway. Sounds selfish to me, not the type of girl you would want to make a commitment with.

I understand you have feelings for this girl and you, obviously, care a lot for her. But if she's not going to treat you the same way, why waste your time and energy over this one girl when there are other chicks out there that want a man like you? At least don't do a lot for her, don't spend too much on her, just...tap it and leave. :giggle:

Seriously, though, I hope you realize soon that maybe you should just remain friends with her. Take her out on a date every once in a while, ok, but don't take her seriously, man. It's not worth it, trust me.
Well...I guess your right. I thought that if we were still together, things would get alot worse between us and we might hate eachother and never see eachother again and I dont want that...because she's just too important to me. I know it's weird and kind of hard to explain, but at least she gave me a chance to make up for our relationship...just to remain friends, like you said and I was glad she let me see her some more anyway but I wouldn't stand her hitting on other guys and I'm not seeing anyone else right now because I'm kind of busy doing assassignments from the college and still looking for a job and stuff, etc...she wanted me to call her this weekend and I have, but one of her cousins called and said she can't do anything right now because she's grounded...lol I dont know what happened but at least I dont think her family hates me or anything...they know that I do love their niece more than anythin and I would even take the bullet for her and stuff...so just for now we are just going to be friends and thats a good thing for everyone, right?

I remmy my first breakup. I was 17 yrs old and I went crazy. Hahahahah.

Richard

wow i read ur longgggggggggggggggggg one!

same thing i had thru as u does!!! u are not only one... everyone has.. i hope that u and her will work it out.. but i do believe that she just wanna be with u for $ and ride.. but i hope i am wrong.. good idea for u and her need space and see how going on.. :)

I know how you feel. I had my first break-up last summer. We were together for three years four months. It was great and I enjoyed it. We started developing a habit of fighting too often so we ended it. Now, she's still a good friend of mine and we talk on good terms.

Do you think it was fair that we are friends now? some people tells me that it's proably not a good idea to be friends with someone after you break up because they proably would beg you back and then use you again and shit like that...but I just hope leslie won't do that anymore after we are friends now and if it goes well, we might be back together so I dunno but just have to take time for now.

Hi Steel,

First of all, I am envy you because you are twenty years old ! You have a plenty of years of ahead. I remember, I was your age. I found out that my old boyfriend, Dave was cheating other lady. I was freaking out and ran away from my home. I felt that I was in the end of the world. My Mom explained to me, most of High School students sweetheart do not stay too long because we all of us growing in pain to find where would we go to various path like College, apartment, meet new friends, jobs, career, etc... We can't be friends forever since High School.

I realized that Dave was my first puppy love. It was a good experience for me what heart broke like when we broke up. Of course, I cried really hard and did not want to go out anywhere. I hate myself for who I was. I said to myself. Wait a minute, I was 19 years old. Why can't I move on with my life to go back to College to make new friends, jobs, etc...

Remember, it is not your end of the world ! If you feel that Leslie used you as money instead of love. Just dump her and move on with your life.

You are very brilliant young man. You have a plenty of life ahead of time !! Are you considering go to College? It will link you to make many new friends and focus on your own life.

Leslie is only the one person who hurts you. Look at other hundreds friends who do care about you. I can understand, your heart belong to Leslie. She hurts and plays a game with you. It is not worth for you to be in recycle broke up, friends, love, hurt, painful or crying... You do not deserve it.

Remeber, she is in 10th grade which is still immature ! :dunno:

I have two teenager sons, I can see what they went through like you. They become stronger and move on with their lives and focus on education.

Steel - Think about yourself for your mental and physical sake !

Hi Steel-man!

Sorry to hear about your first break-up. I do agree with Alex though. This girl was basically taking advantage of ya - and that ain't right. I don't think race came into play as far as the two of you were concerned. I think it's more than that.

I respect ya for saying that you only want her to be happy. I do, too. I hope she does wake up and realize that the world does not revolve around her. She does have a lot of growing up to do before she's mature enough to handle a relationship of some sort.

Best thing for you and her right now is just to be friends. :)

Hugs!

Hi Steel,
welcome to club.. I went thur same stuff with my ex fiancee, also was my high school b/f. If your ex is using you for money, don't trust her at all.. I never trust my ex after I dumped him. Go and move on with new life, with someone else new.

just forget about that and get OVER it...there's plenty of other women for ya. It's not worth your time with her and move on, you have lots of life left to keep searching for someone in ur dreams. It's also difficult to find one, also. Unless, you are lucky. :) good luck there. :D

Sabrina said:
Hi Steel,

First of all, I am envy you because you are twenty years old ! You have a plenty of years of ahead. I remember, I was your age. I found out that my old boyfriend, Dave was cheating other lady. I was freaking out and ran away from my home. I felt that I was in the end of the world. My Mom explained to me, most of High School students sweetheart do not stay too long because we all of us growing in pain to find where would we go to various path like College, apartment, meet new friends, jobs, career, etc... We can't be friends forever since High School.

I realized that Dave was my first puppy love. It was a good experience for me what heart broke like when we broke up. Of course, I cried really hard and did not want to go out anywhere. I hate myself for who I was. I said to myself. Wait a minute, I was 19 years old. Why can't I move on with my life to go back to College to make new friends, jobs, etc...

Remember, it is not your end of the world ! If you feel that Leslie used you as money instead of love. Just dump her and move on with your life.

You are very brilliant young man. You have a plenty of life ahead of time !! Are you considering go to College? It will link you to make many new friends and focus on your own life.

Leslie is only the one person who hurts you. Look at other hundreds friends who do care about you. I can understand, your heart belong to Leslie. She hurts and plays a game with you. It is not worth for you to be in recycle broke up, friends, love, hurt, painful or crying... You do not deserve it.

Remeber, she is in 10th grade which is still immature ! :dunno:

I have two teenager sons, I can see what they went through like you. They become stronger and move on with their lives and focus on education.

Steel - Think about yourself for your mental and physical sake !
heh...you sure sound alot like my mom...she tells me that she doesnt want her own son to date a girl with metal problems and stuff like that but she says it was proabably a good idea that we would be friends now and she didn't really want me to go back with her because she thinks I'm too good for her and stuff...but maybe just over afew years later I can wait and see if she've matured enough as I have...and try to wake up to the real world she's seeing...because nobody has enough money everyday to buy things all the time though

thanks alot guys...

thanks for all of your advice and your story with your previous relationships and all...

certainly being in a relationship is difficult for everyone so I just dont want our relationship with leslie to end that way because just deep inside, I know she is really an incredible good person and I hope she will get more mature in the future...so for now, I will be moving on and face the new changes ahead.

I will never give up.

Steel said:
thanks alot guys...

thanks for all of your advice and your story with your previous relationships and all...

certainly being in a relationship is difficult for everyone so I just dont want our relationship with leslie to end that way because just deep inside, I know she is really an incredible good person and I hope she will get more mature in the future...so for now, I will be moving on and face the new changes ahead.

I will never give up.
i uddy how ur feeling.. hope u will get better pick right lady for u in future!!:)

Hmm Love is tough. If she like that and she continues to do that then its time to leave other wise it will get worse. But its up to you. There is a lot of ladies that are single out there so dont stay with one girl that is treating you like shit. Go boy do you thing :D

Hi Steel,

This is the first time I came across your thread. I would have to agree with Alex here. She seems selfish, self-center, sorry to say it but that's what it seems like to me after reading your long post. I Wouldn't give her another shot at relationship because she is not going to change overnight her attitude that is. I can see that you care a great deal about her, but you do want the same back from her too right? so far u haven't gotten that to the point of seeing that from her. I think u deserved better much better than the girl you are or were seeing. I am sure one day someone special will come your way and You'll find happiness again the Love you deserved to get. Trust me she is not worth another shot from your heart. :ily:

Steel -- Alex's comments are agreeable -- i know first loves are hard and all that -- u are still VERY young and u got plenty of time! u will meet other ppl date some or become good friends with others -- ppl come and go in life take ur time and enjoy! :thumb:

Hi Steel-dude,

I agree with Alex and along with the other members here in this thread...You are a very young guy, you have a whole life ahead of you and there are millions of female fishes out in the sea, just dive in and one of them could be the ' one ' for you! ;) ...

Take a look at me for an example here, I dated serveral guys in the past when I was younger even had alot of boyfriends and got married when I was only 19 ( which now I'm divorce ) finally at the age of 33 , I finally found the ' one ' for me.....

Of course being in love is never easy, sometimes it hurt to lose the person that you love but then again, it may not be the ' one ' for you.....Keep your chin up and soon enough you will find that special girl that you've been looking for..... ;)

:grouphug:

Steel,

You sound like a really mature and caring young man. Most women would die for that. She is taking advantage of your good heart to give her what she needs which is materials, not your loyal love.

Maybe she does love you in her warped sense but she is young and not yet mature like you.

I know that it is difficult to let a love go especially if it is a first one but you have to remember that this is all wrong timing. She will need to grow up on her own before she can fully appreciate you for who you are!!

Steel,

You are such sweetheart! You have a great good soft heart! Dont allow anyone steal that from your heart! :D

I understand your pain and frustration. There is nothing wrong for you two to be friends but as long as you two agree (perhaps) have space from each others for awhile...maybe for like a month or so...just keep in touch like friends...if you two keep seeing each others on weekends, the more confusion you will get. If she refuses to accept your idea, then its your choice either to cut off with her or remain with her.

Steel, why not you sit down quietly and write the list of all she has done to you....write it down if she has been either controlling you with money or if she really loves you. I think it might would help? It is up to you.

Has she ever told you that you are special, she loves you, show gratitude to you for anything??

It is very important not to allow anyone control your life and money. Also, if anyone ever tells you that your girlfriend is crazy..tell them to bug off...

I personally hate to hear people telling my ex man or anyone that I was crazy..it hurts!! I am not crazy...we all are humans and make mistakes!!

P.S. please next time, try not to use anyone or her names on any posts. :)

If you were in my age right now, I would grab you~ :D but you are way too young! :ily:

Back