My favorite Jack Russell dog passed away

webexplorer

Reaction score
My favorite Jack Russell dog just passed away half hour ago. Susie was really very very special to me. She was so smart and very active. She was so funny when she was running and jumping in the air especially in the woods - just like a sort of a rabbit. She was really happy to be around the woods. She loved the ocean and ponds. She loved to stand in the shallow water and to watch the little fishes around her in a pond for one hour or even a little longer, and she never bit them. She was 4 years old, and she was not that old. She was shaky and became so sick. She threw up a lot that made her worst last night. Her blood test came out a positive for Lyme Disease and other types of problems. Her kidney was failed, and other of her organs failed. I believe that other problem that caused her sick because I remember the exact how she got so sick from eating a dog food from the can. It was definitely from a Piegree dog food manufacturer (not from the dog food can recall). I paid 2,000 dollars for the vet to save my dog. Now, my dog, Susie, is gone forever that I never see her again. I would never find one like her anywhere in the world. (I would never buy another dog. If my dog is very old, then that would be different.)

Susie1.jpg

Susie2.jpg

Susie3.jpg

Susie4.jpg

Susie5.jpg

I'm very sorry about your dog.

I would encourage you to recover a little and then consider rescuing a shelter dog. There are a lot of good dogs who could use the love you obviously have.:(

Your dog is very beautiful, sorry to hear about what happened. :(

So very sorry

Being a Jack Russell dog lover myslef I am so sorry for your loss. Take time to heal. Blessing on to you...

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog, Webexplorer :(

Awww I am so sorry for your loss! :( She was so cute! Long hair JRT..mine is short hair. She'll be in your heart forever.

Curious...how heck did the dog get Lyme disease?

I'm sorry for your loss.

Gorgeous dog!! Mine in my advatar. I lost him last year. So I understand how hard it is to lose a beloved pet.

I'm very sorry to hear about your dog. Do remember the good times with your dog. :hug:

:(
What do you feel like doing now, webexlporer?

my deepest condolence, web....

Oh no!!! :hug: I do remember Susie and so beautiful!! :( :( Tell your mom that I am so sorry too!! :grouphug:

So sorry about your loss, She certainly looks so beautiful. I have a Jack russell too, a short legged type and smooth coat (yours are Parsons I believe) They are so witty, playful and clever... anyway I know no dog would replace Susie but do allow another dog be loved by you when the time is right.

((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))

I appreciate your thoughtful for my dog. It is so hard because she was too young to die.

After we buried our dog today, I received a call from a vet for a different blood work result (a needle extract her stomach). The vet can't confirm that my dog had a cancer or no cancer. She did not say yes or no for the conclusion. Susie was very healthy until she was very unexpectedly so sick for 1 day, and the vet gave her Doxycycline. Her heart beats were so fast that she didn't sleep at all, and her eyes were little pale yellow or orange. She threw up a lot on the bed and some floors. I believe that it has to do with the Piegree dog food cans that made her sick. I think that all Piegree cans are no good for all dogs.

On the telephone call, a woman, who is in charge of her Jack Russell Club for many years, told us that all Jack Russell dogs are strong and tough healthy. (overthepond - yes, she was Parson. She was really friendly dog, and smart thinking. She was not the same for other Jack Russell that bite people.)

I asked the vet if it is a confirmation that Susie had a Lyme Disease, and she said that she cannot confirm it, but she said that it is highly possible. She used the ultrasound work and discovered that Susie's kidney and liver and bladder were swollen. Later, she stopped breathing, and she was on CPR. She didn't make it. I can't believe it that the vet can't confirm anything after her death. We can't understand what wrong with all vets in two distance places, and they have advanced medical equipment. It is so hard to find a best vet. We were told to go to that vet, and we believed the vet that would be a good one. Now, we don't know what to believe anymore. Here are the last pictures.

burial1.jpg

My cousin drives his tractor.

burial2.jpg

Sheba still does not understand Susie's body in the box, and she just waggled her tail looking at the body. I let her to see her sister before he buried it .

burial3.jpg

burial4.jpg

burial5.jpg

burial6.jpg

:(
What do you feel like doing now, webexlporer?

I feel like punching my stomach that I wanted to save my dog. I feel that I am not doing a good job taking care of her. I always look for ticks on her skin. I might have missed one very tiny deer tick. I want to kill all ticks anywhere in the world madly so that the dogs would never have a problem with it.

I think I heard the old news a long time ago, there was an old secret experiment lab on ticks to drop somewhere in Europe that brought our soldiers home during WWI.

Back