My deaf church

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleb

Reaction score
Hi all.

I now go to a deaf church in Peterborough, Ontario. It is named Calvary Deaf Church, and is located at 1421 Lansdowne St W in Peterborough. The church is located in the basemest of Calvary Pentecostal Church, which you can get to with an elevator.

The first time I was there, I absolutely loved the church, because I fit in very well with the Deaf people there. All the people there sign, even the pastor, who is named John.

I recommend that you go to this church if you are deaf and are located in or around Peterborough. I suggest that hearing people go too, since you can really learn a lot from seeing the pastor sign!

There is a bible study, which begins at 9:30 am. I was there when the study was finishing, and the quality of the study seemed great. I was there at the church service (which begins at 11 am and ends at 12:00 pm every Sunday).

- KB

i have my deaf church near my home also lot of deafies there
and i am trying to go there much as i can

Is your deaf church's religion Pentacostal?

I do attend to First Baptist Church of Tulsa. It is Southern Baptist Convention demonation.

We have one here, deaf church but I do not go there because some of deaf people there are very anti-Catholic so I do not want to be around them since they do not make me feel good about my relationship with Jesus Christ. I go where I feel welcome and warm.

Glad you love your church, hope you'll grow as you continue to attend this church. Take care--:)

~RR

Hi...my name mary...meb...am cont. ASL student...teach what learn at my church...Christian biker church...Ellettsville, IN...not all congregation in biker ministry...non-denomination-but very exciting church -- much like Pentecostal church but no dress code -- Pastor teaches all to ask Holy Spirit help you know what to wear...smile...my church sign lang. class group goes to Christian Deaf church Indpls., IN. where we meet lots Deaf Christians...Pastor Deaf...wonderful...am going to ASL Expo with some in my class...hope see you there...love in Christ...Meb

What do you mean? It's Christianity I thought... but what is this "Pentacostal" thing?
You said, "Calvary Pentecostal Church".

Pentecostal is a form of Christian religion. There's also Baptist, Lutheran, Catholic, Anglican, Fundamental, Evangelical, etc.

Even though all are based on the same "God", they practice their religion differently.

A couple big examples would be between Baptist and Catholic. Catholic churches do baptism on babies and have confessionals. Baptist churches do baptisms by the choice of their peers and don't have confessionals.

Since your deaf church was "in the basement" of a Pentecostal church, I figured it was the same religion. That's how it usually is... unless it was a multi-denominational church?

Here have deaf church in st.catharines that I did went there 2 or 3 times but not go there anymore cuz when I go there and I got almost fell sleep dunno why I almost fell sleep. when I am not in chruch I didnt fell sleep only if I go to church then I almost fell sleep :loL: .. I dunno why for me :)

N GA Deaf Ministry

Union Baptist Church in Winder, GA (inbetween Athens and Gwinnett) is starting a deaf ministry. Sunday service starts at 10:45. 527 Union Church Rd Winder, GA. Use Google Maps for directions. 2 graduates of Gardner-Webb University and 1 current grad student are helping with the ministry (me being one of them).

Come give us a shot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back