My Day at the Audiologist's Office

Wow, that's pretty awesome for you!

I had analog hearing aids when I was 2 years old until I was 26 (not the same ones of course!), then I got digital ones. Things sounded much better. I was able to hear pretty much everything that you're hearing now throughout my whole life. Then things started to sound muffled, quiet, difficult to understand...hence the reason for the CI. Now with the CI, I'm like you, "Holey Moley! The world is very very loud!"

Things will sound very loud to you right now because your nerves are getting simulation that they never had before, so they're "waking up". Over time, it will sound a little bit quieter and better. The cool thing about digitals is that you can adjust the levels and stuff to your liking.

Best of luck with your new hearing aids, and hearing your babies. :-D

Thanks. I got to hear my youngest one while she did her little tantrum (terrible two's already starting). It was nice hearing it...for about a minute or two. After I took out the aide, I got on my knees and thanked the Good Lord for my deafness. I'm not kidding. :).

haha i would of laughed! that's cute lol I remember when i first got my fm system and all my friends we're asking bout it and one day i had it hooked up to my ipod and i was just kinda singing along..my friend was like what are u listening to? i was like music... and she didn't see any earbuds/headphones so she was like with what..so i pointed to my fm/ipod and she only saw fm and was like THAT THING GET'S RADIO!!!! i was like yaaa and XM radio too lol ..i had her going for a good 10 min and then i felt bad lol

Yep, you're right. HAs aren't for everyone. Each one us have our own unique type of hearing loss and all the factors that goes into account when deciding what works for you (I think I remember that you have a CI). I'm glad you found something that works for you and you're happy with it.

I'm also happy you found something that works for you too. The interesting about deafness is each one of us are completely different type of loss. No two audiograms are completely the same. The old hearing aids I had growing up were more slap on and wear. Almost a hit or miss hearing. The digital are amazing. I really wished they did work for me. And yes, if they did work for me I would not have had ci surgery. It is great that new aids are targeting the profound severe loss. Enjoy.

Warning - watch out for squeaky sneakers, the sound is as painful as the nails on the chalkboard.

haha i would of laughed! that's cute lol I remember when i first got my fm system and all my friends we're asking bout it and one day i had it hooked up to my ipod and i was just kinda singing along..my friend was like what are u listening to? i was like music... and she didn't see any earbuds/headphones so she was like with what..so i pointed to my fm/ipod and she only saw fm and was like THAT THING GET'S RADIO!!!! i was like yaaa and XM radio too lol ..i had her going for a good 10 min and then i felt bad lol

My old FM system at times would pick up the school radio station during classtime. Had to change the channel. Since I used a loop, no one else had the joy to hearing it. My own private radio time.

Thanks. I got to hear my youngest one while she did her little tantrum (terrible two's already starting). It was nice hearing it...for about a minute or two. After I took out the aide, I got on my knees and thanked the Good Lord for my deafness. I'm not kidding. :).

That I agree with! I am so glad that I can be able to turn off my hearing aid when my 2 year old is screaming during his tantrums. :)

I just recieved my phonak naidas. OMG the sounds i can hear are incredible. I hear ice clicking in a glass, rain hitting puddles, the dog yawn, my feet on the rug.
these are incredible....i refuse to go back to my analog. the music setting is great because ive heard things on my cds i have for years, and never heard a lot of things on them. Take the time to get used to them...you will love them

Same here. He said he was pretty sure I didn't talk on the telephone (based on the rock bottom lines of my hearing haha) so he mentioned the MTV mode. I'm said, "I'm not a MTV fan but could be CMT fan. They don't have a CMT mode?" He didn't find my joke funny. :)
:lol: That's a good joke. I guess he doesn't go out much. :roll:

I just recieved my phonak naidas. OMG the sounds i can hear are incredible. I hear ice clicking in a glass, rain hitting puddles, the dog yawn, my feet on the rug.
these are incredible....i refuse to go back to my analog. the music setting is great because ive heard things on my cds i have for years, and never heard a lot of things on them. Take the time to get used to them...you will love them
If your analog still works, you should keep them and wear them during emergencies or when you're doing something rough and you absolutely have to wear hearing aids.

For instance, if you feel you have to wear hearing aids while cutting the grass... wear your analog hearing aids. It's not like you're missing out anything important except for the roaring of the lawnmower. ;)

The naidas look really cool. They sound like a great hearing aid overall plus they have the technology for the new phonak fm system as well as some new color scheme..i like the zebra print! lol

Zebra! Hey no fair! Hmmm...wonder if I can order a leopard print on mine. *jotting down reminder to ask Doc about Leopard prints*

Kept my analog/digital hearing aids for emergencies...gotta have a back up
The colors on mine are black and silver....kinda cool

Live Long and Prosper all

Back