My CI got hit by baseball, and its broke!! *HELP**

xvxcalvin

Reaction score
It happen a week and half ago. My friends were playing baseball, just throwing ball back and forth. I was sitting on the chair, facing sideway, and as my friend were throwing a ball too fast, i guess he "missed" it. All the suddenly I got hit directly on my head, unluckily on my CI. Bad luck? Iono. But Seriously he been playing baseball for his whole life. He should able to catch that damn ball!! I guess he failed to "save" my life. lol. I cried deeply after i found out it was broken due to facing consequence of having surgery agian, talk to my mom.. *u know how she do*

But here the problem.... I just found out my warranty been expired but I've been told that the insurance can still cover it. Still no phone call from them in a week so far. desperate needed to hear cause.... (below)

Since i cant hear, I've become lonely, depressed, iono weird too... and i hear a lot of things in my mind. You guys wouldn't believe me, but I can hear A horn is blasting in my head forever, and im getting crazy and i almost cried. My mom think i think too much, but she is WRONG! and i am usally a calm person and i dont talk in my head or w.e
PLEASE I NEED HELP TO sTOP THIS NOISE in my head. RANDOMLY NOISE like screaming, a vacuum noise that wouldn't fricken shut off. barking, background chat....

IS THERE LIKE A PILL OR DRUGS THAT WILL CALM MY MIND?? I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE< I CANT SLEEP, AND IF THIS GOING ANY WORST, DOCTOR IS MY BEST OPTIONS?

SORRY IF ANY SPELLING ERRORS>

Thank you. Your friend Calvin Who need helps!

Mod's Note:

Thread's moved to proper location.

It could be that you've become too dependent on your CI?

I don't wear CI, but I do wear a hearing aid. I don't wear it all the time. I also don't depend on it too much. If I suddenly stopped wearing it, I wouldn't go nuts or start hearing things. Sure, I might miss hearing things... but it's not something for me to get upset over.

Why don't you take off your CI whenever you're playing sports? Playing ball isn't a necessity. So, CI shouldn't be "needed". :)

I do take it off when i play sport, but however in this situation, i wasnt playing it, i was sitting my chair and unexpected things happen.

oh crap iono how to quote, sorry im kinda new to forum. :/
There are two ways...

- Click on "Quote" icon in that post.
- Click on the "Quick Reply" icon (last icon on right after "Quote") and then select "Quote message in reply?" before submitting. :)

I do take it off when i play sport, but however in this situation, i wasnt playing it, i was sitting my chair and unexpected things happen.
Ah... I understand. Sorry about that. :(

There are two ways...

- Click on "Quote" icon in that post.
- Click on the "Quick Reply" icon (last icon on right after "Quote") and then select "Quote message in reply?" before submitting. :)
lol gotcha! How can i miss that....
How come i havent got any more replies? Perhap my story was stupid or something???

lol gotcha! How can i miss that....
How come i havent got any more replies? Perhap my story was stupid or something???
No. It's late right now.

I'm sure people will reply during the day. :)

Feel free to explore other CI threads. I'm sure you'll find something there. :)

Sorry to hear that you have problems with your CI, I am not YET an Implantee (16th july) also I am from England, Bear in mind that the forum is open to people from all over the world and we are in Different time zones. U may have just posted this, i was just waking up! (you are 7 hours behind me i think)

If i were you i would go straight to your CI centre and talk through it... Insurance or no Insurance also Pester your insurance company for immediate response.

Good Luck

Sorry to hear that you have problems with your CI, I am not YET an Implantee (16th july) also I am from England, Bear in mind that the forum is open to people from all over the world and we are in Different time zones. U may have just posted this, i was just waking up! (you are 7 hours behind me i think)

If i were you i would go straight to your CI centre and talk through it... Insurance or no Insurance also Pester your insurance company for immediate response.

Good Luck
Good to know! Thank you.

Off topic: Time difference such as it is 5:17pm in where I am at - Australia :)

It happen a week and half ago. My friends were playing baseball, just throwing ball back and forth. I was sitting on the chair, facing sideway, and as my friend were throwing a ball too fast, i guess he "missed" it. All the suddenly I got hit directly on my head, unluckily on my CI. Bad luck? Iono. But Seriously he been playing baseball for his whole life. He should able to catch that damn ball!! I guess he failed to "save" my life. lol. I cried deeply after i found out it was broken due to facing consequence of having surgery agian, talk to my mom.. *u know how she do*

But here the problem.... I just found out my warranty been expired but I've been told that the insurance can still cover it. Still no phone call from them in a week so far. desperate needed to hear cause.... (below)

Since i cant hear, I've become lonely, depressed, iono weird too... and i hear a lot of things in my mind. You guys wouldn't believe me, but I can hear A horn is blasting in my head forever, and im getting crazy and i almost cried. My mom think i think too much, but she is WRONG! and i am usally a calm person and i dont talk in my head or w.e
PLEASE I NEED HELP TO sTOP THIS NOISE in my head. RANDOMLY NOISE like screaming, a vacuum noise that wouldn't fricken shut off. barking, background chat....

IS THERE LIKE A PILL OR DRUGS THAT WILL CALM MY MIND?? I CANT TAKE THIS ANYMORE< I CANT SLEEP, AND IF THIS GOING ANY WORST, DOCTOR IS MY BEST OPTIONS?

SORRY IF ANY SPELLING ERRORS>

Thank you. Your friend Calvin Who need helps!

Sorry to hear this very unfortunate event has happened to you. I reckon that all the sounds that are happening in your head is tinnitus, which is very common in deaf people. It could be that because your CI isn't working anymore and you are not getting your usual sound input, the auditory system in the brain has created the phantom noises. I got the same experience when I suddenly lost my hearing and getting the CI improved it vastly. Don't worry, you aren't going mad - lots of people suffer from it - even people without hearing aids or CIs so it's not to do with dependency.

I hope your insurance company will cover the cost of getting a new CI. Unfortunately, when it comes to insurance you'll need to keep chasing them. Can your audiologist help you? Usually, you work through the audiologist and surgeon who handles the paperwork with the insurance company.

R2D2 may be correct with tinntius, as I suffer from it too... You are not going mad i can reassure you! It can be very distressing for you but it will get better if you have it sorted out as soon as u can.

Sorryt o hear that your CI is broken. I'd be sooo heartbroken if my CI were to someday break and warranty was up!!! But my husband has assured me that we'd figure things out for me to get my replacement no matter what. Whew!

Anyways, what you're hearing, those various noises in your head is defintely Tinnitus. Your Mom probably doesn't realize that you're having Tinnitus issues right now. You do need to go to your CI surgeon and let him know of all that is going on. Good luck!

Dang man, that is bad luck...really in wrong place at wrong time. were you at home? if health insurance giving problems, it might not hurt to notify home owners insurance, just a thought :hmm: I do not wear my HA playing sports either, just not worth it the cost, plus I can read peoples better and not be betrayed by sound during sport :D

Calvin, are you saying it's your processor that isn't working? If it's just the processor, which could be the problem and not the interal part have you checked into having it repaired?

If you havn't already contacted the company or your implant center about the processor not working that would probably be the place to start. I think that it is probably not very easy to damage the interal part since it's encased in titanium (sp) which is very hard, so I'm assuming you're just talking about the external part, if it's not really really old they probably can repair it for a price, just like they do with HA's.
good luck

Back