My audiogram with the CI

Jules: you can be glad the Cochlear Implant is helping you hear. That is what it is supposed to do.
To test this-have another hearing test without your Implant and match the 2 audiograms.

Last edited:
Jules: you can be glad the Cochlear Implant is helping you hear. That is what it is supposed to do.
To test this-have another hearing test without your Implant and match the 2 audiograms.

Without my CI I have bilateral anacusis...

Hi Jules: I am unable familiar with the term "bilateral anacusis". Although I am bilateral DEAF not sure the exact "medical classification" if any I have. Whatever "label" I hear "nothing". I am aware it is "genetic" which changes nothing.

Excellent...
Wonderful to see how good it's working. And obviously how the work you put in it pays off..

Last tests that Lotte did in Oslo the result for listening without noise showed she is at the same level as normal hearing... Have to love CI...

Hi Jules: I am unable familiar with the term "bilateral anacusis". Although I am bilateral DEAF not sure the exact "medical classification" if any I have. Whatever "label" I hear "nothing". I am aware it is "genetic" which changes nothing.

I see... Well my doctor says that's the medical name for it..

Excellent...
Wonderful to see how good it's working. And obviously how the work you put in it pays off..

Last tests that Lotte did in Oslo the result for listening without noise showed she is at the same level as normal hearing... Have to love CI...

Congrats!!

How well do you actually hear and understand? I can see that's an impressive audiogram and you can hear tones really well in all frequencies, that's way better than my aided hearing! But do you understand what you are hearing or is it still all beeps and robots? Hearing is only half of the battle, then you have to know what it is that you hear, I'd be interested to know if you get good comprehension too.

How well do you actually hear and understand? I can see that's an impressive audiogram and you can hear tones really well in all frequencies, that's way better than my aided hearing! But do you understand what you are hearing or is it still all beeps and robots? Hearing is only half of the battle, then you have to know what it is that you hear, I'd be interested to know if you get good comprehension too.

Good question

It is a good question. I've been thinking about getting a CI but I don't want "the sensation of sound" - I want to be able to hear speech clearly and follow a fast flowing conversation with a group of friends. Until I can do that, I can't interact properly with my friends.

It is a good question. I've been thinking about getting a CI but I don't want "the sensation of sound" - I want to be able to hear speech clearly and follow a fast flowing conversation with a group of friends. Until I can do that, I can't interact properly with my friends.

How are you doing with your Chili ? I was thinking of getting one as it got good fame recently.

Back