My activation. . .

deafmama78

Reaction score
Well, I just got an email from my Audi. She asked if Weds June 6th at 1 pm is good for me. And I replied that it was fine and I'll see her then. So, that means I'll be activated at 20 days post op. In a way I had wanted June 7th to be my activation- 'cause see, it's 2007, I waited 7 wks for surgery from the time I met my surgeon to the day of surgery. My surgery was May 17th. See all the 7's? ;) But then again, it's been 6 yrs since I used my hearing aid on my now implanted side regularly, so it's like a reminder to me- 6 yrs of not hearing daily but start new hearing on 6/6. So that's kinda cool, right? :] I am a freak thought, I don't like the #6 and am of course worried that having my activation that day will jinx me and make my activation day horribile than if I had it on the 7th. lol.

So, yeah 12 more days til 6/6! I will of course log on here that night & tell everyone what my activation experience was like.

I am sooooooooooooooo looking forward to it!!!

Wish me the best of luck!!!

lol, i'm like that, but I'm sure will all goes well.
remember this, expectation low and high hope! i repeated that to myself over and over for week up to my activation day. It was all so weird for me, so I was glad that I kept saying that mantra lol. Don't expect anything! just let your family see your face!
Good Luck!

Congrats... great time to look forward to.
Enjoy it!!

Cloggy: You're back, Cloggy?! I'm so glad to see you back here. I wanted to tell you that your daughter is beautiful & I read her story & am just sooo happy for her & your family! :]

StacieLeigh: Yep, I am saying that same line to myself over and over. Even my Audi told me to make sure I acutally sleep the night before 'cause we already know it defintely works. But still. . . I am dying to know just how well does it work? What kind of things will I hear? What will I gain from the implant that I didn't from the HA? ETC!!! lol.

OldNavyGirl: Thx, girl! I sure will keep everyone updated!

:]

Deafmama,

Good Luck with your Activation! Keep us posted. I am going to get an implant in July and I will be activated 3 weeks later. I am also getting the Freedom. So I am interested to read about your experience.

Deafmama!!!

Good Luck with your activation!
Hope things goes smooth out for you...

Just remember.. Everyone is different with their first time on sounds :) I Just like to "friendly reminds" to anybody sometime on their first day of activation!
But be sure to update with all of us! :) I admit I get soo exciting to hear everyone's First day and first time of their sounds etc when they hears it etc! I still remember mine... I tell my old audie that My sound isn't there but I feel it's sending to Other side of my head, and I cant figure out but he tells me it is normal for some people so he leave the way it was till I get my 2nd mapping. Mom, my kids and I left the audie, going home, My first sound I heard in tunnel was the motorcycle sounds... I looked at my mom and said "motorcycle around?" she said No.. I looked around and didnt see it.. Mom said must be something in tunnel I said "I swear I hear a motorcycle coming soon" and we both moved and looked thru my passanger window side my mom was driving in her truck and the motorcycle drove by us in a traffic.. as they cut thru.. I looked back to my mom.. She said " I guess your right, you must be hearing better than I do" I gave her my evil grins that I was right and she's wrong that time :giggle: I still look back at my mapping times.. :)

sorry for babbling, but Just gotta share with you on my first time :)

Wendy

set2: Pretty soon you'll only have a month left to go then before you know it you'll be telling us your activation experience. :] I'm looking forward to hearing all about it!

WBHarley: Haha, don't apologize for babbling. I loved reading that, go you for being right on the motorcycle!!! :]

Which CI brand did you get? I'd love to hear about your activation day if you don't mind telling me the story? I wanna hear [well, in our case. . . read, heh!] everyone's activation experiences/stories.

left ear implanted July 6, 2001 -- CII
Activation was on AUg 26,2001 (I hope im right on the date)

Anyhow... But am going to get my right ear implant as well. Im going to see my surgeon who did my left ear on July 16th... *Fingercross*

Wendy

Deafmama!!!

I still remember mine... I tell my old audie that My sound isn't there but I feel it's sending to Other side of my head, and I cant figure out but he tells me it is normal for some people so he leave the way it was till I get my 2nd mapping.
Wendy

I had the same thing. It was so weird. Earlier this week when the implant in my right ear was first activated I thought it wasn't working and then I realized I was hearing the sounds in my left ear. It took a few days for my brain to realize the sounds were coming from the right side.

Good luck, Deafmama. Definitely don't expect too much right away. Things have been sounding a little better everyday for me, but I still have a long way to go, and it's an arduous process.

I agree that it takes time. I'm still getting used to sounds. Before the implant, I could understand my mother better than my father. Now it's my father who's easier to understand.

When people stand next to my left ear, the difference very noticable now. With my hearing aid it wasn't as noticable as it is now. Dunno why.

How long till your activation? :hyper:

deafskeptic: How long till your activation?

It's on Weds June 6th at 1pm. So about 10 more days left til my activation appt! Whoooo!

Welp, a week from today, around this time [1 pm Eastern time] I'll be sitting with my Audi waiting for her to turn me on! :] Woohoo!!!

Wish me luck to have a good activation day! :]

Back