My 1st year of first sound with CI

Pinky

Reaction score
Today is July 7. It's my first year of hear a sound with CI activated. I had CI surgery in June 12, 2009.

Cheers! this is a cause for a celebration... Heres to wishing you many more happy years with your CI :beer:

Congratulations! What do you think of your first year with CI sound? Did you like it?

Good to see you again, Pinky! We want more! We want more! :lol:
Are you happy with it? Are there downsides to it we should know about? I was astonished to learn of the risk of having facial nerves cut accidentally, as well as losing some sense of taste. Goodness, I hope you are okay!

Thank you everyone! :) I am doing fine with CI. I have been hear a lot sound in environment and can understand what is the sound that. I can hear my baby son's crying, cooing, laughing, and play toys with music. He always look at my CI when I feed him with a bottle. He was curious what is that. LoL he know that I'm deaf. Because I always use sign language to him all the times. He was smiling and laughing. That's so cute!

Congratulations of a whole year. I just crossed the 3 year mark. Just a long journey with what seems to be a "slow process". What you experienced at the beginning of activation was a major shift then over time appear to decrease- just small incremental steps. Patience is a virtue here as your brain's neural plasticity seems "operate" on its own speed.
One activity which appears to help-"singles dances"-no not dance steps but loud music to people speaking at the same time. Environment!

Advanced Bionics-Harmony Atria activated Aug/07

Congrats! I hope it work out for you very well... if you need a question ask away ok. i had it for 12 years

Congrats Pinky! You'll see that the longer you have it, the better it gets! I've had mine for a little more than 2 years. :)

Back