Music device?

rowebil

Reaction score
So I am on here because I am learning sign language - getting fluent I guess!

But my father actually has nerve damage - he was born with it - and there still isn't anything they could do for his type of hearing damage - except a hearing aid. He is completely deaf in one ear, and 97% in the other. He reads lips. It is very difficult for him to understand people. I feel bad when he uses the phone and people yell at him asking if he is deaf. He uses caption phone.

He has a Phonak ComPilot hearing aid - which allows him to use his cell phone via bluetooth.

He wanted music to work out and bought a MP3 player to try it!

However, I turned it up pretty loud and he still cannot hear it :/ It's up the highest it could go.

Anyone have suggestions? Do you suggest maybe something that could plug in to the headphone port and goes into his hearing aid?

WE might try a bluetooth audio player but I'm not sure if it would actually help!

there should be a cord that you can plug the MP3 player to the ComPilot that came with the ComPilot.

If he cannot hear it at all, the bluetooth is not making a connection. If you plug the headphone jack directly into the Compilot, can he now hear music? If he can, then it is a Bluetooth problem. If he cannot, then it is a ComPilot and Hearing aid issue.

Last edited:
not enough info here to troubleshoot. Is the mp3 bluetooth capable ? or are you using the audio streaming headjack? If the mp3 is BT ready then you might have to press play on the mp3 to get it to work as long the compilot is working right.

Wirelessly posted (Blackberry Bold )

I'm assuming he has BTEs? If so he should try a DAI boot & cable (I prefer the boot to either be "mic off" or one that has dip switches that allow you to choose mic on/off)

Looks like the Compilot is an accessory for his hearing aid. Website says you need to "pair up" the Compilot to the hearing aid first, etc, before it will work.

So I am on here because I am learning sign language - getting fluent I guess!

But my father actually has nerve damage - he was born with it - and there still isn't anything they could do for his type of hearing damage - except a hearing aid. He is completely deaf in one ear, and 97% in the other. He reads lips. It is very difficult for him to understand people. I feel bad when he uses the phone and people yell at him asking if he is deaf. He uses caption phone.

He has a Phonak ComPilot hearing aid - which allows him to use his cell phone via bluetooth.

He wanted music to work out and bought a MP3 player to try it!

However, I turned it up pretty loud and he still cannot hear it :/ It's up the highest it could go.

Anyone have suggestions? Do you suggest maybe something that could plug in to the headphone port and goes into his hearing aid?

WE might try a bluetooth audio player but I'm not sure if it would actually help!

First you need to pair up the phone and the compilot. Start the bluetooth pairing on the cell phone, then on the com pilot press and hold the plus button and the home button at the same time until your father heres the message in his hearing aids that the compilot is ready for pairing. If pairing is successful the hearing aids will tell hime to enter the pairing password on the cell phone (mine was 0000) and pairing will be successful.

Just got mine two weeks ago-love it. I can stream music and sound from my IPAD now :)

If using the audio port on the compliot, make sure the volume on the mp3 player is up first and adjust the sound using the + and - keys on the compilot. havent tried that part yet though so cant confirm yet.

Back