Murdered Pastor Found Naked in Crucifix Position

rockin'robin

Reaction score
Oklahoma police found the naked, mutilated body of a murdered pastor stretched out in a "crucifix position" behind her church altar last Sunday, sources close to the investigation told The Oklahoman.

The bloodied corpse of 61-year-old Carol Daniels appeared to have been left in the form of a cross with both arms outstretched at her sides. Her head was nearly decapitated by the force of deep stabs to her neck and throat, according to forensic pathologist Dr. William Manion, who reviewed her autopsy report.

Daniels' clothing had been removed, possibly to hide evidence or as a kind of trophy from the grisly scene, sources told the paper. She was found last Sunday inside the Christ Holy Sanctified Church, a beaten-up old building on a rundown block of Anadarko, Okla.

Investigators say her killer methodically sprayed a dissolving chemical around her body in an effort to destroy DNA evidence at the crime scene in her small Pentecostal church, The Oklahoman reported.

Even after her death, the butchery appears to have continued, Manion said, citing hand-written notes from the report indicating that several large gashes to her chest, stomach and back were likely inflicted post-mortem.

The report indicated that Daniels was fighting back against her attacker, he said, as she suffered defensive slashes to her hands.

"She was putting her hands up to try and confront her assailant," he said.

No arrests have been made in the killing, which shocked the small, eastern Oklahoma town and jarred even veteran officials charged with handling the case.

"I've prosecuted over 50 murders," District Attorney Bret Burns said last week. "This is the most horrific crime scene I've ever witnessed." He declined to elaborate, saying he did not want to jeopardize the investigation.

Daniels' son said funeral services will be held Monday at 1 p.m. local time in Oklahoma City, about 125 miles west of Anadarko.

Alvin Daniels told KOCO-TV that all his mother wanted to do was preach, and her funeral would be another chance for her to spread the word of God.

Report: Murdered Pastor Found Naked in 'Crucifix Position' Inside Church - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

I'm praying for her family now.

Why was she murdered? Was it her religious belief? Because she's white, a woman and God-fearing? Is this a classic case of a hate crime? Well, any murder is a hate crime anyways.

Why was she murdered? Was it her religious belief? Because she's white, a woman and God-fearing? Is this a classic case of a hate crime? Well, any murder is a hate crime anyways.

I believe when there is such overkill with stabbing going on long after death, it is usually thought to be someone close to the victim like a family member.

Last edited:
Murder is a hate crime. Nothing friendly about it.

Yes, could be of a personal nature there.

Horrible, sounds like a very personal murder. It is NOT typical to murder a 60 years old woman like that. I don't think it's a family relative - it's probably one of her church attenders.

Um, she's BLACK.

Um, she's BLACK.

I thought she was white. Anyway, that murder was very brutal and quite shocking. I hope they catch whoever killed her in such a brutal manner. I clearly didn't click on the link.

I thought she was white. Anyway, that murder was very brutal and quite shocking. I hope they catch whoever killed her in such a brutal manner.

her photo is now in the article.

IMO: it doesn't matter what her skin tone is. any type of murder is a horrible way to go, period

I agree that skin color doesn't matter, it's still human murder. I didn't even know what her race was.

But notice how Kokonut is the one to pull out a race card?

Regardless of the race the victim is, This is a horrific crime that should not be let down. It's kind of unusual to position a victim in this manner.

A murder is a murder, no matter how different it is.

Very horrific crime!..She was black...but no matter that....it does seem personal to me also....Let's hope the police capture this monster before he kills again, someone like this is a very sick person. His/her hatred knows no bounds.....

Ahem -----> "Well, any murder is a hate crime anyways." How can I pull a race card when I stated that murder is a "hate crime" unto itself?

Now, we're all in agreement that whoever get caught cannot be leveled an additional charge of a hate crime because of the victim's skin color or race.

Good.

Charge of murder, sure. Additional charge of a hate crime? Isn't that redundant?

Nobody deserve to die like that. Her faith in God must've been rock solid.

This is a horrible crime, and the persons responsible are really mentally ill. It chills me to know they roam free.

Charge of murder, sure. Additional charge of a hate crime? Isn't that redundant?

There are three degrees of murder and each carries different sentences. Hate crime should carry more stiff penalties. If she was murdered just because of her religious creed or sex or whatever, it should carry more penalties.

Nobody deserve to die like that. Her faith in God must've been rock solid.

Um, she's a pastor... you know... she MUST have faith in God. Why are you being so redundant?

I just read this article. Sounds absolutely horrific. She didn't deserve to die like that.

Hate crimes can be against anyone, woman, black, Pastor, or a combination. I read that all area pastors were warned to be very cautious.

I wouldn't be surprised if that relates to a hate crime...knowing there is alot of KKK clans in Oklahoma.

Back