Msd expands!

deafdyke

Reaction score
MSD welcomes more students than ever before - Schools - Frederick News-Post Looks like either there are a lot of kids struggling in the mainstream or parents who are sick of their kids being underserved in the mainstream, and who have discovered that deaf/specialized schools offer a good alternative to mainstream schools! And of course some of them may be students from deaf schools, that aren't as good........

That's great for MSD...I agree that deaf kids should be in ASL rich environments where they can fully participate in everything without communication barriers. :)

That's an excellent news. I hope other Deaf schools will follow soon.

MSD welcomes more students than ever before - Schools - Frederick News-Post Looks like either there are a lot of kids struggling in the mainstream or parents who are sick of their kids being underserved in the mainstream, and who have discovered that deaf/specialized schools offer a good alternative to mainstream schools! And of course some of them may be students from deaf schools, that aren't as good........

It is because of the new principals of both campuses and the outreach coordinator who all recently got hired. They are good at PR and community outreach.

We visited that campus last month and it appears to be very ASL-centric according to a friend of my wife who lives within walking distance and works there, too. I was impressed how well integrated the campus itself is with the surrounding community. It is in a very quaint residential area without any fences at all. Although, nowadays a school without fences is a scary thing, I was completely comfortable walking around there.......

Back