Moving today

Wirelessly posted

Drive safe! Don't forget to play Big Bertha LOL I love that machine lol

I feel alone, crying and I feel like I abandoned my family and should turn back.

Then you should be very careful driving and it would be best to find a motel or hotel to rest and decide what you want to do . You could end getting lost if your mind is on other things than the road.

Driving while super tired is no different then driving drunk. Impaired driving is serious, you could kill yourself or a whole family traveling home for Christmas. Sadly, this happens a lot this time of year. If you get tired, sleep.

Driving while super tired is no different then driving drunk. Impaired driving is serious, you could kill yourself or a whole family traveling home for Christmas. Sadly, this happens a lot this time of year. If you get tired, sleep.

It's also an arrestable offense in some states. If one is caught driving tired, that person could be charged with DUI, as I learned by reading one day on-line.

I drove for over 24 hours straight, Texas had ice and ice meant crashes, so I got stuck in traffic that lasted all night, so I turned the car off and slept. In Holbrook, AZ right now, almost there.

I drove for over 24 hours straight, Texas had ice and ice meant crashes, so I got stuck in traffic that lasted all night, so I turned the car off and slept. In Holbrook, AZ right now, almost there.

Good to hear ! My longest was mid Florida to ne Washington state, straight through, only stopped for fuel and to eat. This was in mid march. Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana were all pretty sporting with the snow and ice. Oh, did I mention I drove down first ? Stayed 3 days, dropped off a passenger at Jacksonville on the way home and drove back.

Good to hear ! My longest was mid Florida to ne Washington state, straight through, only stopped for fuel and to eat. This was in mid march. Nebraska, Wyoming, Montana were all pretty sporting with the snow and ice. Oh, did I mention I drove down first ? Stayed 3 days, dropped off a passenger at Jacksonville on the way home and drove back.

I got here around 10pm (I sped through New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada) but I uloaded the car and have to unpack. I left Friday evening at 8:10pm, and ate dinner (Only meal I had that day) and didn't eat again until Holbrook, AZ where I only had a few dollars on me, so I got some Taco Bell and broke my no eating in the car rule.

I thought of something, how do those of you who are entirely deaf go use the drive-thru? Can you? I wondered that when I was putting my hearing aids in to use the drive-thru so I didn't have to go in (Needed the McDonalds wifi across the street).

Yeah, Texas was just awful, so was Oklahoma. Texas DOT must be incompotent, as literally at the state line to New Mexico, their roads were clear and it took all night and half the morning of waiting in traffic to get the last 17 miles of Texas out of the way. Shortest state crossing, yet longest time to cross.

Mind you, I drive this

I was handling the ice quite well really and saw bigger cars and pickups with 4X4 stamped on it getting stuck, while my RWD sports car kept moving forward. Also, I wish my car were as clean as it is in this picture, it's covered in 2000 miles of dirt and road salt. I'll try to get a picture of it when I can, but I almost got hit on the strip today because I can't see out the windows very well.

I got here around 10pm (I sped through New Mexico, Arizona and Nevada) but I uloaded the car and have to unpack. I left Friday evening at 8:10pm, and ate dinner (Only meal I had that day) and didn't eat again until Holbrook, AZ where I only had a few dollars on me, so I got some Taco Bell and broke my no eating in the car rule.

I thought of something, how do those of you who are entirely deaf go use the drive-thru? Can you? I wondered that when I was putting my hearing aids in to use the drive-thru so I didn't have to go in (Needed the McDonalds wifi across the street).

Yeah, Texas was just awful, so was Oklahoma. Texas DOT must be incompotent, as literally at the state line to New Mexico, their roads were clear and it took all night and half the morning of waiting in traffic to get the last 17 miles of Texas out of the way. Shortest state crossing, yet longest time to cross.

I'm not deaf, but I don't hear hearing voices very well, so what I'll do is if the McDonald's is closed after midnight, I'll go straight to their service window, and I'll have either my phone or my tablet with me, and I'll place my order. It's pretty easy to do, but the wait time after midnight in cold weather is excessively long.

I'm not deaf, but I don't hear hearing voices very well, so what I'll do is if the McDonald's is closed after midnight, I'll go straight to their service window, and I'll have either my phone or my tablet with me, and I'll place my order. It's pretty easy to do, but the wait time after midnight in cold weather is excessively long.

So instead of stopping at the speaker to take your order, you just drive up to the first window and place it there?

So instead of stopping at the speaker to take your order, you just drive up to the first window and place it there?

That's what I do since I can't hear them. I go to the window and place my order. Of course the first thing I say is, "I'm deaf" before they say anything else. They are fine with this method. I can see that they are ready to say something when I skip the speaker but once I tell them why, they have this look of, "ah i see ok".

Forgot to mention that part. I'll walk up to it, as the McDonald's is less than a mile from my home. There's no need to drive a couple of blocks, but to answer your question, yes I will go to the second window to place my order-- many of my deaf friends around here do the same thing.

I had a hard time hearing the guy at all, I just said what I wanted and pulled forward.

I had a hard time hearing the guy at all, I just said what I wanted and pulled forward.

That is pretty much what I do. I can tell someone is there on the speakers but not understand at all (it is just noise). I will give my order at the speaker and tell them I can't understand to confirm. I will then pull forward and confirm what was ordered and pay. If it is a two window system I then pull forward to second window to get order.

Most fast food restaurants have a sign at the drive-thru that state " if you are deaf, please pull forward and place your order at the window"

Most fast food restaurants have a sign at the drive-thru that state " if you are deaf, please pull forward and place your order at the window"

I saw just one like that although it said hearing impaired I believe.

I've never seen that.

I have never seen one of those!

I've seen those signs. I don't always notice them though. Maybe the next time you go thru a drive thru, take time to look for a sign. I'm not saying all drive thrus have them, but you may just not notice them.

Back