Movie theatre forget turn caption on!

PowerON

Reaction score
Last night, I went with friend and watch movie - The Simpson which was on schedule with OC (open-caption).

In begin of movie, it wasn't caption on. We miss the whole 10 minutes as we went to complain with manager as seem they forget to turn caption on. It ruin our whole experience in that movie. At end of movie, we went to manager again.. and got our refund.

>See my full blog

Glad you got refund~~ your blog is very good and funny!

we able to see subtitle clearly after 10 minutes.

no ghost-like, it was turn off, I take you didn't look up on my blog. :pissed:
It has nothing to do with your blog.

I went to see that same movie last week and the captioning was on, but "ghost-like".

I've been watching OC movies for 8 years and never had problems like that until last week when I went to see The Simpsons Movie with my friend.

This is what it looked like when I went to see it.

Attachments

• simpsons_oc.jpg
    simpsons_oc.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 33
Maybe a glitch in the projector or the imaging? Anyway, glad you got your refund, poweron.

you have problems with theatres!

mostly theatres managers never knew about closed caption would getting ON they wont learn getting on!

my old school in KS have theatres they can get CC to on but im sure movie manager can handle to know how getting turn on if not on they you can wait till get dvd first!

when i went to theatres and i cant tell manager about cc on! because im deaf! because hearing people wanted get off CC that not fair for me! im really so disappointment! but dont worry about that ok?

you have problems with theatres!

mostly theatres managers never knew about closed caption would getting ON they wont learn getting on!

my old school in KS have theatres they can get CC to on but im sure movie manager can handle to know how getting turn on if not on they you can wait till get dvd first!

when i went to theatres and i cant tell manager about cc on! because im deaf! because hearing people wanted get off CC that not fair for me! im really so disappointment! but dont worry about that ok?

Excuse me, lady

Forgive me to barge like this, the highlighted sentence above - you see that some people are annoyed about the CC's, at the cinemas, they can not turn off the CC's, becuase what there is few deafies there in the room? They will be pissed if the CC's was turned off for no reason, if the hearies was complaining! That's their problem, not the manager's job to do that, unless there is problems with the CC's they can get refund. If the hearies don't want to watch the movie with CC's at the cinema, they can just go to a different room that shows the same movie, with out CC's.. that is no problem. Isn't that so hard for you, people?

YOU don't have to wait for the DVD to come out first, you know what if the people are impatient and tempted to watch, despite they do show movies with CC nowadays? What is the point to wait for the DVDs, they are taking us long time to wait. You can get the DVD if you like the movie at the cinemas.

What if a person can not be bothered to go to the cinemas to watch movies with CC's, and the person waits for the DVD to be released, and the person gets excited and purchases it, but unfortauntely, the person disliked the movie and wanted to return it back, and get a refund. That's impossible. what a waste of money.

i thought OC cannot be turned on and off.. i thought its already printed on the film???

i thought OC cannot be turned on and off.. i thought its already printed on the film???

Yes, it is encoded on the film, but the receiver in the projector can be turned off and on. I think. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

I have seen a couple of movies like that, too, Vampy and I don't like it at all. It's CC embedded just like that....why, I haven't the faintest. Don't these people check their own work?

the movie place i go to, its 63 miles south of me, i went down there and oops they dont have the disc man i was pissed i read the guy the full riot act he gave me two free tickets

next week i come back and someone forgot to turn on the captions like the OP stated, again i complained and again got 2 free tickets, what do we learn from this? these ppl are morons and i dont have to pay for 4 movies minimum

It has nothing to do with your blog.

I went to see that same movie last week and the captioning was on, but "ghost-like".

I've been watching OC movies for 8 years and never had problems like that until last week when I went to see The Simpsons Movie with my friend.

This is what it looked like when I went to see it.

Shawn... if I mention ghost-like, I would know. None, it's not. And until it turn on and I see is pretty between ghost-like and normal, still clear to us.

Excuse me, lady

Forgive me to barge like this, the highlighted sentence above - you see that some people are annoyed about the CC's, at the cinemas, they can not turn off the CC's, becuase what there is few deafies there in the room? They will be pissed if the CC's was turned off for no reason, if the hearies was complaining! That's their problem, not the manager's job to do that, unless there is problems with the CC's they can get refund. If the hearies don't want to watch the movie with CC's at the cinema, they can just go to a different room that shows the same movie, with out CC's.. that is no problem. Isn't that so hard for you, people?

YOU don't have to wait for the DVD to come out first, you know what if the people are impatient and tempted to watch, despite they do show movies with CC nowadays? What is the point to wait for the DVDs, they are taking us long time to wait. You can get the DVD if you like the movie at the cinemas.

What if a person can not be bothered to go to the cinemas to watch movies with CC's, and the person waits for the DVD to be released, and the person gets excited and purchases it, but unfortauntely, the person disliked the movie and wanted to return it back, and get a refund. That's impossible. what a waste of money.

No, it's on schedule, it's not like daily schedule like normal, but limited. As this movie we were watch, is just schedule one-time for that day.

Yes, it is encoded on the film, but the receiver in the projector can be turned off and on. I think. Correct me if I am wrong, please.

Yes, you're correct, it's use project like Vampy said early.

My captioned movie summer experience

Hi Folks -
I LOVE going to the movies especially during the summer. I live in New Jersey but sometimes I go to Manhattan to watch captioned films. My experience this summer hasn't been that great with captions. Ill list what happened with which theaters so you can watch out:

Spiderman 3 - AMC Manhattan 23rd st. Could not find the caption disc on Opening day so they asked if I could come back at a later time. The captions were ok the 2nd time.

Pirates of the Caribbean - AMC Manhattan 23rd st. They didnt have captions and it the 2nd day of showing. Came back a week later. Captions were ok.

Shrek 3 - Edgewater Multiplex - Captions ran on time.

The Simpsons Movie - Jersey Gardens. Captions started late after movie started bec I bugged them.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Edgewater Multiplex. No captions. They said they had trouble with their captioned system. So I gave up on them and went to another theater later in the week.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phonenix - AMC Theatre Bronx, NY. Captions ran on time.

Bourne Identity 3 - Edgewater Multiplex - Captions were ok.

Live Free or Die Hard - Edgewater Multiplex - Captions were ok.

The theater people at all these theaters were really polite and gave refunds, payment for food purchased AND free movie tickets even though at times I WAS upset because:

I usually call the theatre ahead of time to make sure its captioned after checking their website and I DON'T like finding out the hard way that they didn't have the captions ready.

I also learned that instead of just talking to someone on the phone...ask for the movie projectionist (guy who runs the actual film) to make sure its set and it sucks to say this but its not the best idea to go on a movie's opening night because the captioning disc probably isn't there yet.

I understand everyone else's frustrations...no one likes to be the only one or one of the few to have to walk out of the theater when the damn movie is STARTING because the captions ain't ready?!?!? I did enjoy all of the movies when the captions were ok but 4 out of 7 movies that I saw weren't captioned? Thats just too much. They all need a better system than this! :pissed:

Back