Movie bout a deaf kid? Sound was muffled. Know it's name?

carnal

Reaction score
I was in a store with some friends about 8-10 years ago, and there was a movie playing in the electronics dept where we were lookin' around. It was about a deaf kid growing up. The sound track played was muffled, as if you were hearing it through the kids ears. Pretty captivating!

Seems like the movie was placed in a home in the countryside. I'm sure I asked then, what the title for the movie was, but now, I've long time forgotten it.

I've been thinking frequently about it lately.
Do any of you's kind folk know it's name, so I might rent it?

Brian

Dear Frankie?
That movie is 5 years old. The movie he's talking about is 8 to 10 years ago. :dunno:

I just watched a movie on DVD a few days ago called What the Deaf Man Heard. Instead of a deaf guy, it's actually about a hearing guy who acts like he's deaf and mute. I'm sure that's not the movie you're talking about, but it's close... right? :dunno:

did the kid in the movie have red hair? if so, the movie might've been "and your name is jonah."

although...the movie i just mentioned was made in 1979, but it's the only movie i can think of off the top of my head that at least somewhat fits with your description...

Back