Motocross/ dirt bikes

BGMay

Reaction score
I am just curious does anyone here ride a dirt bike? If so do they race or compete? What kind of bike/bikes do you ride? Where do you ride?

I myself ride a yamaha yz 250 2002, I have been competing for a few years now, I race 250 B class. I race motocross and enduros. I am part of district 23 in Minneasota. ^^
Braaaap.

Yeah I know who she is, not personally but I have seen her on other motocross websites. She'd probably blow the pants off me. =P

i used to ride motocross, had a 1991 RM125, had an IT200 (enduro bike) before that. Rode quite a few bikes (mates and other club members, wow some bikes i was honored to ride were Husquvarna 510TE (first generation of the FAST four strokes, that was insanely scary, with tall gears and the bike murvved with more willing to dive into hyper with more throttle wicks than i care to open -- wahhhhh) ,another Husky 260XC (cross country, sorta a mix of motocross with enduro gearbox) a Pro circuit CR125 (shit that was a livewire!! XR500 was good the 600's didnt impress me much, dunno why, maybe the one i rode was a dud one) i did mostly social motocross, been in a few races but nothing serious. oh Yeah, as you would know, 125's keeps you bloody busy with the clutch and gearbox but i loved the hard, snappy powerbands it had...(mine was ported and had been modded with a 19 inch back wheel)
and i loved the lightness and swag and ripp around the berms yeah it was fun and big table top jumps
i dont ride now, pretty old now 40 soon, and am busy with university so life goes on
um, im from new zealand, where Shayne King world champion, as does Ben Townley come from

again braap braaap lol
cheers

Wow sweet, yeah I had a kx 125 94 before this bike and Yeah I know the clutch action that goes on lol. Shane king was a god in the woods racing scene. I remember he was smoking everyone in the woods, he didn't even care to change his tires, he'd smoke them then race against people just to make things interesting! Ahh yeah I like to race and just to ride for fun as well, social riding is a blast. Just the fact of trying to pass your buddies or sand blast them or even mud is a lot of fun.

Ahh the husquvarna reminds me of the KTM 360 my step-dad used to ride, but imagine it was a 2 stroke. That thing was crazy to ride, the power behind the wheel was just explosive! You really had to keep a grip on those things when you opened the throttle. Imagine I wanted to keep that thing when my step-dad wanted to get rid of it! =P

heres the aerial photo of the park...
taikoreaMXparkaerialphoto.jpg

videos of riders on that actual track...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66rG8NIQJs]YouTube - Taikorea MX Track Dirt Day 2007[/ame]

quite an intense dual in the 85cc MX racing!, not related to NZ MX scene but worth viewing

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMqK1vWfZ_A&feature=related]YouTube - Insane 85 cc race[/ame]

hasnt anyone looked at these videos? this place is practically my home to me

Back