Mother's day

Frisky Feline

Reaction score
What is your plan for your mother's day or something to do for your mother this sunday?

:wiggle:

My mom died over 20 years ago. :(

We will be having lunch with our daughter and her family Sunday. :)

We sent flowers and a card to my MIL, who lives far away. Hubby will call her this weekend.

What is your plan?

More likely, i ll have good bagels for breakfast and then have dinner with my hubs parents.

BUT my goal is to RELAX on sunday *crossed fingers*

Cards for mother & MIL. Relaxing day at home. Nothing special. If MIL wants anything, she will have to treat as she's been impossible again. Mother cognitively comes and goes, so she won't remember.

Every Mother's Day my husband orders live lobsters, we invite the parents over and have a big lobster feed. The men cook and crack them all, pile them in the middle of the table and we all eat, talk and laugh for hours. The kids (now adults) do the cleaning up afterwards. It's a day we all look forward to!

My mom died over 20 years ago. :(

We will be having lunch with our daughter and her family Sunday. :)

We sent flowers and a card to my MIL, who lives far away. Hubby will call her this weekend.

What is your plan?

Sorry your Mom passed, Reba.

And, to all others who's mom's have passed.

All my boys will be here....and do the cooking...or the oldest might surprise me and take me out to eat....I do plan to take it super easy and not do a darn thing...:giggle:

So to all you Mothers out there...A very happy Mother's Day...

I pray that on sunday the weather is NICE then i will go out to run on sunday morning.
*crossed fingers*

I am a proud mom to 5 cats and 2 dogs. Somehow, though, I don't think they'll be treating me. I likely will end up feeding them as usual :lol:

As far as Sunday actually goes, I am making/hosting brunch at my home for my mom and sister, and MIL, plus spouses and kids. There will be 12 of us.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms! :)

ah your mothers day now....my mother bitch from hell and that where she going the cow deprive me from a childhood so love tell her what evil bitch she is but she nearly a hundred sharpe brain not sure if make me feel any better

ah your mothers day now....my mother bitch from hell and that where she going the cow deprive me from a childhood so love tell her what evil bitch she is but she nearly a hundred sharpe brain not sure if make me feel any better
But a blessed Mother's Day to you for what you've done despite not having a good role model to follow. :hug:

Our time off falls midweek, so we already took my stepmother to Red Lobster for a nice dinner, and gave her a box of candy and card.

Will be doing the same for my mother in law a little later and doing her birthday then also.

As for me, both my kids work on Mother's day, one a nurse and one a musician, and I know I usually get electronic gift cards on the day, so that gives me something to do then. :)

I am hoping to go to the beach :) it will be the first beach day this year for me, quite fitting. Not sure if my kids will go, don't care, I'm going to the beach. :hmm: maybe they can clean the house and have dinner ready for me when I get back if they don't want to go :giggle:

Lucky you, not far from beach. I'm way too far from OBX.

I am hoping to go to the beach :) it will be the first beach day this year for me, quite fitting. Not sure if my kids will go, don't care, I'm going to the beach. :hmm: maybe they can clean the house and have dinner ready for me when I get back if they don't want to go :giggle:

I am jealous of you all who have OCEAN, NOT lake. I hate lake!!! :o I miss my atlantic ocean. :cry:

Every Mother's Day my husband orders live lobsters, we invite the parents over and have a big lobster feed. The men cook and crack them all, pile them in the middle of the table and we all eat, talk and laugh for hours. The kids (now adults) do the cleaning up afterwards. It's a day we all look forward to!

I bet the lobsters would disagree with looking forward to mother day.

I am jealous of you all who have OCEAN, NOT lake. I hate lake!!! :o I miss my atlantic ocean. :cry:

Well - I would gladly trade the ocean for a lake. The lake won't have as much soft sand for a beach like the ocean, so I could go there. I can't go to the beach or ocean.

I'm not fond of lakes either, all that squishy grossness at the bottom freaks me out, and not being able to see in the water....at all! The atlantic isn't real clear, but it's not completely opaque either!

Maybe the movie Pirannah scarred me? Nah I saw Jaws waaaaaay more times than Pirannah and oceans don't bother me.

Back