motherboard--no audio

There was a time when I had a game that didn't have subtitles. However, there was a trick to get the subtitles to work by disabling the sound card before installing the game. After the game was installed, I enabled the sound card and the game ran with sounds and subtitles. This was the only game that I knew that could do this. Heh!

Is game about space and planet? Yes, I know that one and I was do that before. I forget what name.

Is game about space and planet? Yes, I know that one and I was do that before. I forget what name.
No, it was King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride.

I installed the game first and realized that I couldn't get the subtitles to work. After re-installing it repeatedly and going through the manual/instructions, nothing worked. So, my dad called technical support. They said that they had a back-up feature for those who didn't have sound cards and that was what switched to the subtitled mode.

My dad then went into BIOS and disabled the sound card before I reinstalled the sound card. Afterwards, the game now had subtitles. :)

No, it was King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride.

I installed the game first and realized that I couldn't get the subtitles to work. After re-installing it repeatedly and going through the manual/instructions, nothing worked. So, my dad called technical support. They said that they had a back-up feature for those who didn't have sound cards and that was what switched to the subtitled mode.

My dad then went into BIOS and disabled the sound card before I reinstalled the sound card. Afterwards, the game now had subtitles. :)

Aw sheesh! That's really pain in the butt. Programmers should'nt have programmed the game software to force user to disable soundcard in order to get subtitle!!

I played Game called Ubisoft's URU, Myst IV: End of Age. Both software did have option to use subtitle and turn off sound. Even without soundcard, it runs anyway.. I love it so much! Now, I'm done cracking all three game codes. (Psst.. I did cheat some of them) LOL..

I will keep eye on other games that should have subtitles. I wish programmer remember putting subtitles for us deafie and those hearings who do not want to bother their roomate tho.

Catty

Back